ph 8.0 too high for fancy goldfish?

i recently finished cycling my tank and bought three beautiful goldfish. i put them in my 75 gallons tank and they are doing fine. i tested the ph and its 8.0! so i left my tapwater in a bowl for 24 hours and tested ph and its 8.2.

is 8.0 very high for goldfish?

any idea how to bring it down naturally?

my KH is 6° and GH is 12°.

0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 5-10 nitrate.

A pH of 8 is just fine as long as it's stable. With a KH of about 107 and a high GH, you should be just fine. :D

Now head on over to the Goldfish Photos section and show us those fish! :rofl

Don't try to bring it down. My tank pH is 8.2-8.4 and my fish do well. :)

thanks for the reply! i will try to take better pictures tomorrow and post it. i bought one oranda, one lionhead and one pearlscale:-)

one more question. what's the bioload of BN plecos? i have two in my tanks and 3 goldfish. am i over stocking?

I believe you should allow 15-20 gallons for those also. As long as yo don't add anything else to your tank to increase the bio load, you should be OK.

One thing I'd like to add is please be sure and keep a close eye on your ammonia (and nitrites) for a while. Ammonia is more toxic at high pH so you wan to make sure you aren't getting any ammonia reading.

I believe you should allow 15-20 gallons for those also. As long as yo don't add anything else to your tank to increase the bio load, you should be OK.One thing I'd like to add is please be sure and keep a close eye on your ammonia (and nitrites) for a while. Ammonia is more toxic at high pH so you wan to make sure you aren't getting any ammonia reading.

thanks i will. i ahve been testing ammonia and nitrite everyday