75 Gallon upgrade - A Single picture! :D

tithra

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh. So the light--can that sit on top of a tank that has a glass top?

Sure. I have had it sitting ton top of my 40 without legs directly on the tank, I also most recently used the legs to sit it on top of the 40. For this tank I took the legs off and used a hanging kit you can buy for this light since I only have a 36 in light and the tank is 48 in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK. The light is so lovely! Is that really the fixtures or is it your camera LOL? I looked them up and they are pricey but . . . if they really look like that I may have to budget for them!

AMAZING upgrade. A 75 gallon is like my total dream tank, and it's incredible to see how two orandas can totally fill it up! Someday I'll have 2 or 3 very fat ranchus in a 75. I will I will I will.

Thanks for sharing!

They look beautiful (of course) in their new home! It looks amazing just like it is!!! Can't wait to see what you end up doing!!

((Flipper I also thought they looked like synchronized swimmers!!))

HEY WAIT A MINUTE....I think ONE PHOTO is illegal!!! ***Goes to find Koko's Laws of Posting Book***

Edited by Jeana727

oh my gosh that looks amazing :) is the tank in front of a window? what am I seeing in the background?I bet your fish are beside themselves with all that room ;) Congrats on the upgrade I'm glad it finally all came together for you :)

OK. The light is so lovely! Is that really the fixtures or is it your camera LOL? I looked them up and they are pricey but . . . if they really look like that I may have to budget for them!

Some of it might be my camera :idont but I really like the aquaticlife lights. They are well built and provide good light. The thing you need to be careful with them though is that they can sometimes be too much light for some tanks. You'd want to make sure it isn't too much light for your tank in order to avoid algae issues.

The other thing to think about is you can change the look of your lighting by changing the bulb types (not sure what kind of light you have now?). For example, something like a 10,000k bulb will give you cooler/bluer/crisper light, whereas something like a 6,000k light would give you warmer/redder light. You can change your bulb types or use a combination of different bulbs to achieve a look you like without getting a new fixture ;)

:thumbs: Oh wow! I love it and it's not finished yet. I'm excited to see it when you are 100% happy with it. Goodness it's stunning Jess. :thud:

thank you Becs! I'm excited to see when I am happy with it too :P

I showed my fish, and they said they are jealous of your fish!! :rofl It's a great home for your lovely pair.

:rofl thanks shawn. Tell the choosy chus they can come vacationing in VT any time!

AMAZING upgrade. A 75 gallon is like my total dream tank, and it's incredible to see how two orandas can totally fill it up! Someday I'll have 2 or 3 very fat ranchus in a 75. I will I will I will.

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! It is a great size for sure. I didn't think it would be too much of a change to go from a 40 to a 75 for some reason, but it definitely feels a lot bigger. You should get one! :D

They look beautiful (of course) in their new home! It looks amazing just like it is!!! Can't wait to see what you end up doing!!

((Flipper I also thought they looked like synchronized swimmers!!))

HEY WAIT A MINUTE....I think ONE PHOTO is illegal!!! ***Goes to find Koko's Laws of Posting Book***

:rofl I will post more eventually

oh my gosh that looks amazing :) is the tank in front of a window? what am I seeing in the background?I bet your fish are beside themselves with all that room ;) Congrats on the upgrade I'm glad it finally all came together for you :)

thank you shell! It is right in front of a window and the background you're seeing is just white curtains. I'm a little worried about algae issues, but we'll see.

Fabulous!! And it's not done yet. :o

Can't wait to see it "done". :nana

thanks Lisa! :D

Beautiful tank and even prettier fish! Thank you for sharing the pic

btw water looks perfect imo

And...now you have a 40-gallon backup tank! :D

Thank you!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe I am now just seeing this topic of yours. Your tank is beautiful as it is. I can't wait to see a video with your fish swimming in it. Your fish still look huge in a big 75 gallon tank Jess. I absolutely love Edie and Hashi. They are gorgeous as ever.

You should make a short video for us please....................even though you think your tank isn't ready yet.

That is beautiful! Is that a piece of fabric for the background or is it the way the light is reflecting?

Your fish are so pretty. :wub:

Never mind about background question. Just saw your reply to Shellbell. :rofl

Edited by Fluffy

I can't believe I am now just seeing this topic of yours. Your tank is beautiful as it is. I can't wait to see a video with your fish swimming in it. Your fish still look huge in a big 75 gallon tank Jess. I absolutely love Edie and Hashi. They are gorgeous as ever.

You should make a short video for us please....................even though you think your tank isn't ready yet.

Thank you! I will try to get a video soon :)

That is beautiful! Is that a piece of fabric for the background or is it the way the light is reflecting?

Thank you! :) yep, it is the window curtain :P

After reading my post I so hope it did not sound like I was laughing at the curtain. :(

I was laughing at the fact that I did not read far enough before I posted. I ALWAYS do that. I am such a derp! :D

After reading my post I so hope it did not sound like I was laughing at the curtain. :(

I was laughing at the fact that I did not read far enough before I posted. I ALWAYS do that. I am such a derp! :D

no, no, I didn't take it that way at all! :)