Sign in to follow this  
kaylaj2355

New office betta tank! :)

Thread of photos as this tank comes together :) I think I'm going to buy a fancy betta online! Has anyone ever purchased from BettaAkape before?

This is a 4.4ish gallon acrylic hexagon tank with an itty bitty tetra filter (1-3 gallon size I believe) and a little clip-on LED. I've ordered glass beads/rocks for the bottom of the tank, so I will be updating when those come I'm sure :)

10058976885_1f7bfd14b4.jpg

The background is basically the theme...it's one of the informational brochures from my office!

Cool! Are you gonna put some plants in there? The betta would love that!

nice! can't wait to see what you do with this!

Oh yes, I should have added more plan details xD I'm going to get some nice substrate for root plants and have the glass beads scattered over the surface of that. I'm thinking a mix of pretty tall plants...crypts for sure, and what else I'm not sure yet. The tank is in my office, so there will be busy times, but it is positioned in a corner and I am going to make sure that 3 of the panels are covered with some kind of background so that hopefully between that and plants a betta will be happy :)

Very cool! :) Can't wait to see what fish you pick. :)

Excellent idea! Looks great so far :)

oooooooo interesting theme. :) can't wait to see it with fish.

Ooooh, fun! :D

Can't wait to see the final set up! Had a small Betta tank set up at the office. Sadly, only I appreciated it. When I left the org for a month, new staffer decided since no one would care for it that she would take it home. Want to bring one back. Add some life to the place.

Can't wait to see the final set up! Had a small Betta tank set up at the office. Sadly, only I appreciated it. When I left the org for a month, new staffer decided since no one would care for it that she would take it home. Want to bring one back. Add some life to the place.

That's what I hope to do! Add some life :) I hope people will appreciate it. That's part of why I'm getting a pretty flashy one...most people only like fish if they're in-your-face spectacular. :-/

So I might as well just continue this thread...I have ANOTHER new hex tank, but an 18 gallon, and for my house xD So I'll include the pics as I put that together, too! It'll be an upgrade from a 10 gallon for my betta, Cap'n Firebeard, and his ghost shrimp crew.

10075918474_9fb36bdc9a.jpg
The new upgrade tank and the current tank :) and my dog.
10076304825_650b861525.jpg

And it's big enough for me to use the huge chunk of driftwood I bought a year+ ago and thought I would NEVER be able to use!!!!!! YAHOO!!

Now, to figure out how to get it partially filled so I can plant it and somehow put it in the same spot the 10 gallon is in now...

Lovely!

I've thought about a betta tank for my office, but I worry about the weekends, with no one to feed him or notice if something goes wrong. And I don't have control as to what is sprayed, either. :(

Lovely!

I've thought about a betta tank for my office, but I worry about the weekends, with no one to feed him or notice if something goes wrong. And I don't have control as to what is sprayed, either. :(

I'm a paranoid penny so I think the first probably 5 weekends, I'll be doing a check-in on Sunday :rofl Just to make sure. VERY good call on the cleaning solutions, though...I'm going to pick up a lid to use on the tank for evenings and weekends and have a nice heart-to-heart with the custodians. I bet they'll help me out, I've always been chummy with them.

Can't wait to see the progress! Good purchase! :)

I'll be interested to see how your tank goes!

I live 45 min. from work so checking in on weekends isn't an option pour moi!

Edited by pawsplus

That's quite a commute! I don't envy it! :o

That piece of wood is sickening!! I would give you my left foot for it, seriously, I don't need two feet. You have feet, you say, how bout a kidney? On the black market, you can get ten grand for a kidney.

Seriously, nice find. That tank is gonna be wicked cool.

That piece of wood is sickening!! I would give you my left foot for it, seriously, I don't need two feet. You have feet, you say, how bout a kidney? On the black market, you can get ten grand for a kidney.

Seriously, nice find. That tank is gonna be wicked cool.

Aha, thanks so much!! :D :D I was so smitten with it when I first saw it that I bought it even though I had zero plans for it xD I'm so stoked to get a chance to use it now. I'll ship it to ya when I'm done xD :rofl

10206444486_93b044b5fd_zpse5135605.jpg

The office tank is coming together!!! x2 twisty driftwood stick things and a spring of java fern. Curious to see if I can attach java fern to the wood...that plant might be coming home with me to another tank xD The plan is anubias for this tank. Ordering some now!

The anubias are here!! :D

10316373834_8a7e235fdc.jpg
10316569473_798f755be6.jpg
10316578813_bbccf6253e.jpg
The smallest one, the nana, looks a bit sad because I mistakenly left it on the coffee table last night :rofl
The other two are barteri :)
I ordered from Mike's Wet Pets, I found the lots on Aquabid. They arrived GORGEOUS. Highly recommended! I paid $23.75 total for all three plants and shipping to SW Michigan.

looks great!

Love :heart The wood is wonderful! The Anubis is awesome :nana