Farlowella Catfish

scurrie

I went on an adventure today. To a very far away fish shop. And I came across so many fun fun fun things. I couldn't help myself. So I splurged. And bought snails and shrimp and an oranda and a farlowella catfish. And I spent way to much but it was so worth it. So. Has ANYONE ever had/still have a farlowella catfish? I put him in my 25 column tank. I have a school of rummy nose tetras, long finned zebra danios and a swordtail and some ghost shrimps in there. I didn't quarantine him. Which is my only worry, only because my 10g quarantine now has an oranda in it. I didn't want to house them together. So hopefully all goes well!

Anyone who has heard anything about them, I'd love to know!

Yes! Sorry, I was going to but I posted this from my phone so I couldn't. But here she or he is!1377988_10201786002469027_193857352_n.jp

You can see a little glass catfish butt in the background :teehee I forgot about those. So I have 3 rummy noses, 3 longfin zebra danios, 2 glass cats, 2 ghost shrimpies, and 1 lemon swordtail

Oooh, creepy just in time for Halloween! :P He is certainly cool! I would love to see a video of how he moves :D

Oooh, creepy just in time for Halloween! :P He is certainly cool! I would love to see a video of how he moves :D

That's something interesting about them. They try not to travel too much. They have a sucker mouth so they stick to a rock/leaf/wall and stay there. They like currents. He mostly sticks on the front of the tank directly where the filter current hits the glass. I'll take a video later when I'm home! But it will probably be pretty boring. :P think "long skinny pleco" that's how they move. He shimmies across the glass.

And I keep saying he, but it's definitely a she.

Ehehehe, SHE sounds really cool!

I'm jealous of your glass cats, too...someday when I have a bigger tropical tank I'm definitely getting some of those! So neat.

Ehehehe, SHE sounds really cool!

I'm jealous of your glass cats, too...someday when I have a bigger tropical tank I'm definitely getting some of those! So neat.

Oh my gosh. I love my glass cats. One thing I have learned, if you do do them, add your entire school at the same time. I got my two, 3 years ago, thinking I could add more as time went on. Wrong. My two are so territorial over other glass cats, they've murdered every single one that I've put in since. I even tried 4 at a time, and only witnessed the last one being murdered :( Sad story. But they're great fish!

Here's your video :P :P Ignore my obnoxious voice at the end. My glass catfish were being so curious, it was adorable.

YAY thanks for the video!! :P She actually seems like a great addition...so strong and still with all the hustle and bustle behind her! :D

That's a heck of a nose :P Gives Pinocchio a run for his money!

She puts up with those 3 crazy danios. She must be very patient :P I LOVE her nose! It's so COOL!!

I've seen those on various websites and love the look. Too bad I have my tropical tank fully stocked.