Moved the Goldies!

scurrie

So. I was scanning on craigslist for the past couple of days, hoping to find a fairly cheap 55 bowfront stand. The actual stand was over 100 dollars and I just didn't wanna spend that. My tank was on top of my two INDUSTRIAL end tables that I reallllly wanted moved into my living room. So I scanned and scanned. And came across someone trying to get rid of their glass door, black, practically new bowfront stand for free. I asked for dimensions and low behold it's now sitting in my living room with my goldies on top of it.

Best part? He gave it to me for free.

Other best part? It was on wheels. So I just rolled the tank across the house.

I'm feeling lucky.

Other than the fact that I just did an 80% water change (which is a lot of me) I'm feeling rather happy about the whole thing. :D

That's great :) is it an aquarium stand? I have never heard of one on wheels and I don't think I would want mine on wheels that's a lot of weight to bear and if one gives bye bye fish tank :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

alright you impatient people :P

First off, I hate the new iOS 7 update for iPhones. Mostly because of the camera update and I can never get it clear. So this is the best I could do with you crazy picture vultures breathing down my neck :P (I'm KIDDING)

1239634_10201745724822111_1221582451_n.j

There it is, in all its free glory. I made my boyfriend jump on it a couple of times. It didn't even budge. PLUS the person before me used it for a tank. I checked out all the wheels first, they are all solid. The reflection is obviously the glass door. I gotta get that white storage unit out of there. Makes it look bad :P

And guess who decided to make an appearance for the first time in forever?

1238777_10201745724782110_645063028_n.jp

Meet Clyde everybody, the tiny bristle nose that keeps this tank in tip top shape :]

The amount that I need another fish tank in my house is NOT at ALL. :P But yeah, I've been looking for a stand for it forever, because I really wanted to move them out of the spare bedroom into the living room where they could be enjoyed more. So this was perfect :]

That is awesome. Congrats on getting a Free stand. Persistence in looking and not giving up paid off. But not really paid huh? hahahaha

Your stand looks more like a t.v. stand and the enclosed area is for a dvd and extra's. I think I'd keep an eye on those wheels and definitely don't try to budge the unit. I'm curious, You didn't have any problems with leveling it and how tall is the stand? I think the height look great. It looks like it's going to be easy to get into the bottom of your tank.

I love all your plants. Very pretty.

That looks great, and free is awesome!! I really like the size and scale of it. :nana I would be a little worried that if the stand or tank is bumped, that it would move. Do the wheels lock? Also, if it were me, I would paint the back of the glass door black. :thumb:

Clyde is a cutie. :wub:

Edited by ShawneeRiver

That is awesome. Congrats on getting a Free stand. Persistence in looking and not giving up paid off. But not really paid huh? hahahaha

Your stand looks more like a t.v. stand and the enclosed area is for a dvd and extra's. I think I'd keep an eye on those wheels and definitely don't try to budge the unit. I'm curious, You didn't have any problems with leveling it and how tall is the stand? I think the height look great. It looks like it's going to be easy to get into the bottom of your tank.

I love all your plants. Very pretty.

Thank you! The stand was used for a 55 bowfront before me. And he had it up and running for 3 years. Someone came and bought his tank but didn't want the stand so he just gave it for free. I think you're right. I think it is made for a tv but it's seriously the sturdiest thing I've ever seen. It doesn't roll with all the water in it. I had to drain it down almost empty in order to get it to roll easily to move the tank. The wheels are very sturdy. I promise, if I didn't think it would hold, I wouldn't put my precious tank on it. It's like 25ish inches high. And yes I agree it works GREAT for height. I can actually reach into the tank now. :)