Sign in to follow this  
Scarlett

My first betta.

I went to my local fish store today and walked past this stunning Betta. Even though I'm a goldfish lover through and through, he had to be mine!!!

I'm yet to name him, but he's living in my sons tropical community tank.

Here he is:

Posted Image

Worth every cent of the $8.50 I paid for him! lol

Edited by Scarlett

He is very nice.

Congratulations, he's a beautiful fish. :)

He is a Handsome fellow :) congrats on the new addition :)

Just keep an eye on him in the community tank that he isn't being stressed or stressing any of his tank mates ;)

Betta's do better on their own imo ;) but happy shared spaces do happen :)

He is a Handsome fellow :) congrats on the new addition :)

Just keep an eye on him in the community tank that he isn't being stressed or stressing any of his tank mates ;)

Betta's do better on their own imo ;) but happy shared spaces do happen :)

Actually, funny you should mention that. A mollie that I have in there was attacking him, so the mollie is now in quarantine. I was going to re-home the mollie anyway for being a douche to my male guppy. I'm assuming he's what you'd call a rogue fish, so back to the fish shop he will go!

WOW, look at all those colors!!

Very beautiful. I miss having bettas. I really want to start a betta tank sometime soon.

Anyway, congrats on your :newfish!

Nice betta! Goldfish and bettas are the two fish I always want to have at least one of. :heart

Bettas can do very well in tropical community tanks but some are jerks and pick on other fish. I had a betta in my tropical community tank for some time with platies and all was well. At first I noticed him chase the other fish sometimes but it was never violent or constant enough for me to feel uncomfortable. Over time as I added more plants to the tank he was content hanging out in his own areas and that behavior completely stopped. He actually just passed away last week, but he was a couple of years old. Generally you want to avoid other tropical fish with long, flowing fins similar to bettas because those are the fish your betta is most likely to see as another male and therefore a threat to his territory. Another possible plus or minus depending on how you see it is that bettas like to eat fry...which can be good if you have a bunch of live bearers and want to keep the population under control, but bad if you want cute little fishie fry.

Congrats on your beautiful betta. It's absolutely gorgeous. :thumbup2:

Those colors are stunning.

Edited by georgelee92