Air Pump

kmiller

What types of air pumps do you guys recommend? I'm looking for a fairly quiet one since it will be in my bedroom. I ordered this LED bubble bar for my tank: http://www.petco.com/product/121217/Aqueon-Flex-LED-Bubble-Wand-for-Aquariums.aspx?CoreCat=MM_FishSupplies_AirPumpsAccessories, so I'm looking for something that will work with it in a 37 gallon tank.

Tetra whisper all the way!! I have the 20 model for my 29 gallon and it works fine and very quiet! Plus it comes with a flow control valve- couldn't live without it. I also like how it looks aesthetically- very modern and sleek. I've noticed other air pumps look like they're from the nineties. :rofl I love this brand and I can't see myself with anything else. :)

Here it is on Amazon.

I have the Tetra as well. And mine is in my bedroom, too. So, I put it in my closet and ran the airline from the closet to the tank. I tucked the tubing into the crack between the carpet and the wall moulding so you can't see it. There is an electrical outlet just outside of my closet where I plugged the pump in and ran the cord into the closet. When I close the closet door, I can't hear the pump at all. I also like having it plugged in to a separate outlet for backup and so that I can leave it running when I turn the other equipment off for cleaning the tank.

Edited by jmetzger72

• Supporter

That one you linked to has cool led lights but the bubble feature gets clogged after a few months and it really doesn't provide much surface agitation for aeration. I have two and I eventually removed the bubble wand and only use the led lights at night.

I have the Tetra as well. And mine is in my bedroom, too. So, I put it in my closet and ran the airline from the closet to the tank. I tucked the tubing into the crack between the carpet and the wall moulding so you can't see it. There is an electrical outlet just outside of my closet where I plugged the pump in and ran the cord into the closet. When I close the closet door, I can't hear the pump at all. I also like having it plugged in to a separate outlet for backup and so that I can leave it running when I turn the other equipment off for cleaning the tank.

That's a great idea! My closet is near the tank as well. I will have to see if I can rig it like that somehow…

That one you linked to has cool led lights but the bubble feature gets clogged after a few months and it really doesn't provide much surface agitation for aeration. I have two and I eventually removed the bubble wand and only use the led lights at night.

Ugh, does it really?! Maybe I'll return it and get something better then… :undecided: