Giveaway Question

SwimmingPiglet

I was just wondering, has kokos forum ever done giveaways ? I think it'd be fun with lots of participants having the chance to win supplies or gf food and such, you know anything related to goldfish like art work or even petco/petsmart gift cards (Idk about goldfish itself though.) If you guys actually do giveaways then oh !

Edited by SwimmingPiglet

I was just wondering, has kokos forum ever done giveaways ? I think it'd be fun with lots of participants having the chance to win supplies or gf food and such, you know anything related to goldfish like art work or even petco/petsmart gift cards (Idk about goldfish itself though.) If you guys actually do giveaways then oh !

It's Oh! :rofl

Yes, there are monthly giveaways. :)

Here is a good place to say that while it's always great to get free stuff, nothing is actually free. These giveaways are mainly the generosity of our forum sponsors, tastyworms.com and East Coast Ranchu. So, please return the favor, and buy from them!

It's also a good place to say ask not what the forum can do for you (since we can already see evidence daily of this), but what you can do for the forum. Donate or subscribe.

Oh ! :D wait so the members of the forum can't issue a raffle ? But only the sponsors ?

You can, and people have, but as with all things, since it's not your forum, it's the polite (and required) thing to do to ask the owner.

It's like when you go into someone's house. If you want to do something that is out of the ordinary, you should ask your host first. Does that make sense?

Oh ! :D wait so the members of the forum can't issue a raffle ? But only the sponsors ?

You can, and people have, but as with all things, since it's not your forum, it's the polite (and required) thing to do to ask the owner.

It's like when you go into someone's house. If you want to do something that is out of the ordinary, you should ask your host first. Does that make sense?

Yes that made sense ! Ty !

On planted tank forum there is a section called RAOK - random act of kindness. People give away extra plants, snails and equipment. The person who gets the free item pays for shipping. I recently gave away a used canister filter that needed some dyi repairs.

I've been very surprised how generous people are. I got some great plants. In fact I got a duckweed RAOK. The duckweed package was 2 inches thick and 6 inches long :0. My fishes were very happy.

Maybe we could do something like that?