Food to make fry grow faster.

abcdomo

So for a little while now I've been feeding my fry First Bites by hikari and I was wondering is there anything else to make them grow faster? Also can I feed them veggies and etc?

I have heard baby brine shrimp work well. I just picked some up from the freezer at the local PetCo. Haven't had it long enough to know. Are these fancy fry? I noticed they grown much more slowly than my common fry did.

I have heard baby brine shrimp work well. I just picked some up from the freezer at the local PetCo. Haven't had it long enough to know. Are these fancy fry? I noticed they grown much more slowly than my common fry did.

yea they are fancy fry and I've had them since june/july and they are still pretty tiny except for one. They are developing their dorsal fins though, but I thought they would be much bigger by now.

That's interesting. Of my comets and shubunkin fry of last summer, only one is as long as the larger of the fancies of the same age. Since the fancies are half pearlscale, even she isn't as big as the fancies.

Mine ate what they found in the pond.

Edited by shakaho

I feed my fry mostly baby brine shrimp. They also have hilari first bites and a powdered fry food made by Sera. What temperature is their tank?

Yeah I feed them hikari first bites right now. It's 75 degrees, I did read that when the tank is warmer like 80-84 it speeds up their metabolism where the cold water slows it down. So I'll try to keep the tank a bit warmer.