Oranda x Ryukin Fry!

Scarlett

Thanks guys. Some of them are getting quite big and will have to be moved into a bigger tank to make way for the new batch of fry (well over 100 newbies)... :o I am nervous about putting my babies in a bigger tank though. I clean the current tank with a piece of air hose as a siphon. I won't be able to do that with a bigger tank. Maybe I'll hit the local hardware store and see if they have some tube, bigger than air hose, but not so big it will suck up the babies. It's so stressful being a surrogate Mum! lol

• 1 month later...

Wow, theyre really getting big now.

Growing really fast.

You seem to have it down pat. Im not having anywhere near that success atm. Ive lost alot of fry and they seem alot slower to grow.

What are you feeding yours?

Wow, theyre really getting big now.

Growing really fast.

You seem to have it down pat. Im not having anywhere near that success atm. Ive lost alot of fry and they seem alot slower to grow.

What are you feeding yours?

Initially I was feeding them Hikari First Bites, Sera Micron powdered food, frozen Rotifers and frozen baby brine shrimp.

Now they are eating frozen blood worms, frozen Daphnia, and New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula.

Even though the tank is cycled, with so many of them in there, it gets mucky on the bottom pretty quickly, so I do an 80% water change every three days. I also have a heater on 24 degrees.

Hope that helps. :)

Edited by Scarlett