Moving to Japan

Thawthorne09

Hey everyone,

I tried to make this happen earlier, but the thread kind of died...so I'm going to try again.

My large aquarium decided to leak all over the floor when I was evacuated during the Black Forest Wildfires, and I had to get rid of it. I'm not allowed to put another "large" tank in the house. I know my black moor, Opis, isn't going to be happy forever in the ten gallon he's in....he mopes around all day and sleeps a lot (he's not sick, he's just active all night and asleep during the day...I accidentally threw off his clock by only turning on the lights at night...it was a stupid mistake). I'm sure he's lonely.

As much as I love him, he needs to go live with some buddies in a larger tank, because I may be moving to Japan by the end of the year. I don't know if I'm willing to part with him right away, but it will happen eventually. I would rather he go to someone who knows goldies, and not someone who'll just put him in another little tank.

I'm in Colorado Springs, CO...is anyone interested? Here's the link to the other thread, and there is a picture of him there.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/111233-tank-leak;-need-new-home/

If you can't find someone local consider shipping him. I have no idea how much that costs, to be honest. But it might be the only way to find a home for him if you can't find someone local.

You could donate your fish at your lfs, :) or go on craigslist

Pst. take me to Japan with you

Lol, so many people have said that lately! I'm too scared to just hand him off to the lfs/trust some of the crazies on craigslist...but the former is my plan b.

If you can't find someone local consider shipping him. I have no idea how much that costs, to be honest. But it might be the only way to find a home for him if you can't find someone local.

I''m afraid of him dying on the way.

If it's any help, one of our members here, Ashlee18, had made a video on how to package fish:

Good luck in Japan! May I ask why you chose to move there? Are you planning on learning Japanese? :teehee

He's a very cute fish, I hope he finds a nice home.

I can also help you with shipping fish. I have been shipping live animals and plants for over 15 years. Shipping fish is not difficult and it does not cost too much. Send me a PM if you want to talk shipping. :D

• 1 month later...

Wow, I'm sorry for not responding!

I will be moving to Japan because my dad got orders to go there, he's a marine.

The reason why I didn't respond....Opis died unexpectedly, and I couldn't bring myself to check the thread.

Thanks for all your help, everyone!