Bugsy, Pearl, and goofy me

4prettyfish

Sometimes I wonder about myself. :) I can make myself laugh at the goofiest of things.

I want to share a couple of things with you. One: my Black Moor's, color change. I've noticed over the last week or so that Bugsy's sides are losing his black. He probably won't be called a Black Moor at the end of the year. :( His eyes used to be black and now they are of a gold color. Two: My Crowned Pearlscale is getting so big. I thought I saw breeding stars on her about two weeks ago. I'm confused now. Is she a boy or a girl? Do I need to change the name to Captain?

I measured both fish today and wanted to document it here.

Black Moor is 4 inches in total length including tail. 2 1/2 inches in body only. 26 grams

Crowned Pearlscale is 4 1/2 inches in total length including tail. 2 1/2 inches in body only. 42 grams

Here's the video and thank you for looking.

http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/4prettyfish/media/9-12-13ShowingJetsslowprogressampBugsyscolorchange011_zps201813e9.mp4.html

Edited by 4prettyfish

They are so pretty!! I'm not to sure about the gender of your pearlscale, I usually go by the anal openings (if it sticks out its a girl), however, I don't know if that is a very accurate way of sexing a goldfish. Thanks for the video!

That color change is really common. Some Moors stay black with a gold belly and some completely change to multi-color telescopes. I had one years ago that was all black with a gold belly. Yours is really cute...nice big eyes. I also like how long your Pearlscale's fins are!

Beautiful. That pearlscale of yours has a very long flowy tail fin. He or she reminds be of the cartoon goldfish on fantasia. I got two baby crown pearlscale one is a calico I think. The black spots on it are very few and one that at first looked a greyish green and is now turning dark brown black.

they're so beautiful Cheryl :heart I love how wiggly they are! :)

Thanks Helen. I wish they could have slowed down some while I was video taping them. :) Bugsy was like lightening. haha

There beautiful, and color changes can be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see how Buggsy turns out. :)

Thank you. I was hoping Bugsy was going to keep his velvet black color. But I guess it will be interesting now. :)

They are so pretty!! I'm not to sure about the gender of your pearlscale, I usually go by the anal openings (if it sticks out its a girl), however, I don't know if that is a very accurate way of sexing a goldfish. Thanks for the video!

Thank you. We thought the C. Pearlscale was a female but about two weeks ago I could have sworn I saw breeding stars on her/him. haha Now I'm not sure. I knew about the vent but didn't even think of looking when I measured the fish earlier today.

That color change is really common. Some Moors stay black with a gold belly and some completely change to multi-color telescopes. I had one years ago that was all black with a gold belly. Yours is really cute...nice big eyes. I also like how long your Pearlscale's fins are!

Thank you for the nice words. I didn't know about fish changing colors drastically until I came onto Koko's. I sure didn't know that black moor's can change colors either until I've read some info or learned from people here. Your fish sounded nice. :) I also like Pearl's fins. I usually see them shorter on pearlscales.

That color change is really common. Some Moors stay black with a gold belly

Don't you mean big belly? Like Tatsu? :rofl

They are all so wonderful, Cheryl :heart

My black moor has grown through the middle though. Not the length really but definitely wider. :) Thanks for the compliment Stratton.

Yep, looks like a classic black-to-orange color change. The in-between stages can be really fun! Having black patches mixed with orange can give the face some neat expressions. ;)

Love your pearlie!

So the gold will change to orange then? His eyes changed colors also. I thought that was weird in a neat way. Well, I'm kind of hoping he's going to take his sweet time changing colors then. I don't know why but he doesn't need to rush. He's our first fish we purchased and he's the one that has been through a lot of crazy changes when learning about goldfish care.

Beautiful. That pearlscale of yours has a very long flowy tail fin. He or she reminds be of the cartoon goldfish on fantasia. I got two baby crown pearlscale one is a calico I think. The black spots on it are very few and one that at first looked a greyish green and is now turning dark brown black.

Thank you Sherry. How funny about the cartoon goldfish. :) So your Pearlscale's are changing crazy colors. That's neat. You'll have to post photo's of their color changes.

They are adorable Cheryl!!! :wub:

Thank you Mikey. I appreciate it. :)