My Healed Bubble Eye

orangeboar

Well, I now feel I can post without being too sad haha. I went to my fish store and saw some leftover bubble eye goldfish they had. I sad this tiny little thing sitting at the corner of the tank, not swimming. His fins were all torn bubbles having brown spots on them and frankly, looked like he was about to die. :( But I still got him anyways in the hopes of rescuing him. (And because his bubbles were the most symmetrical xD The other ones left each had like one giant bubble and one teeny tiny one. xD) I know that most rescue stories don't turn out good, but luckily mine did! For now and hopefully for a long time. <3 I named him Boobla! Haha.

I brought him home and put him in his own place with medicine and such to heal his fins since they were pretty bad. I wish I would have taken a before picture. But after 3 months of me taking care of him daily, here is all. All fat and happy!!! A complete 360 of what he was before. I love this guy to death. Although there are some fears...

So with Boobla being my first bubble eye I had, it was pretty scary. Things were going good until he got in the main tank and then started having problems. First when I was siphoning my tank, I was so used to just leaving the water to drain and me doing something else. Well.. when I came back, he got SUCKED UP THE SIPHON. One of his bubbles were being sucked up. I was so scared. :( I immediately stopped it and his bubble shrank, but not torn when I took him out. He laid on the gravel for a few days and I really thought he was going to die again. :( But luckily, he perked right up after. Then AFTER THIS HEALED, I woke up one morning and I saw his stuck to the filter. I ran over and saw a bubble got sucked up my filter intake. I was so scared that he was really dead this time, but I pulled him out and his bubble was unharmed but again, laying at the bottom for a few days. Right away, I rushed to buy the filter intake sponge thing to cover it up and I am waiting for my heater cover to install to protect his bubbles. After these 2 episodes, I never had a problem again and he is one of my most active goldfishes for sure. A lot of days I wake up and the first thing I do is to run over and see if he died or not. It's a scary feeling, but I smile every time I see him swimming around. :)

SO SORRY WITH THE WALL OF TEXT. Here are some pics of Boobla and his friend Redd White. xD I know you shouldn't keep commons with fancy fish, but I watch them and they behave and Boobla actually eats most of the food, so no problem there... xD

havw.jpg

k2yy.jpg

qpj4.jpg

i0jv.jpg

Edited by orangeboar

Wow he's been through it all and still beats the common to the food! :o What a tough cookie!! :D How cute!!!

Thanks you guys! <3 I forgot to mention, but you guys reminded me. YES. He is a fighter. I know fish aren't like larger animals and once they get sick, it's kinda hard to treat them. So I am glad he fought through everything and is with me today.

The only thing I'm afraid of is that he is the first fancy goldfish I had in a long while. I got too sad after each one died of swim bladder disease after I had them for a few years. :/ That was really painful, but I buried Mr. Fatty and Mr. Fatty V2 out in my backyard and got a tree for each of them. The trees are growing up nicely and will always remind me of them. I will never forget them. I got them from when they were dime sized to bigger than the palm of my hands. So it was really heartbreaking. I called my sister, crying to her when they passed. But enough of the gloominess. xD

That's why I got the commons I did cause I've been trying to stay away from fancy bodied goldfish, but saw Boobla and had to had him. His body is kinda long and sleek so hopefully it won't affect him too much. I do a lot of water changes and feed sinking and frozen foods so HERE'S HOPING.

Edited by orangeboar

Squeeeeee! Boobla is just too darn cute, and he's lucky that you found him.

Your location says Elk Grove; if that's Elk Grove, CA, I bet I know what LFS you went to. Not the healthiest fish there, for sure.

Wha!!! You're from the area? :) It's nice to meet you! I got Boobla at AquaWorkz. There are only 3 fish stores here as you know. xD I believe Exotic Aquarium, JoJos Aquarium, and Aquaworkz. I was actually just at Exotic Aquarium today and they have bubble eyes there! But you're right, at most of those stores, the other fish look okay, but the goldfish don't look so good. :( Not to mention that at any of those 3, I can never find help or anyone asking me for help when I wanted it... xD

Edited by orangeboar