Free Ryukin Goldfish (Large)

schoolie

I figured it's worth a shot :) My ryukin is getting too big for me to give her a proper home. She's around 7.5" and weighs around 500g. If anybody within a 150mi radius of San Francisco has a pond or large aquarium, I would be very happy to deliver her. She's very healthy and I've had her for around 2 years now. Although this is a tough decision, I want to give her enough space.

Thanks!

Rob

DSC06251.JPG

Good luck, Rob.

I'm sorry to you letting Johnny go, although I understand absolutely that it's something you have been considering for a long time, with her best interest first and foremost.

:rofl. I feed all 4 of my fish one cube (minus the 4-6 I take out for the bettas). :rofl

Do you know what she weighed when you got her? :idont

I wish I'd weighed her, but she was probably under 25g when we first got her. She looked like a fantail.

Edited by schoolie

Good luck, Rob.

I'm sorry to you letting Johnny go, although I understand absolutely that it's something you have been considering for a long time, with her best interest first and foremost.

Thanks, Alex! I was plotting to set up a pond in my backyard, but my wife hasn't warmed up to the idea yet :( I think Johnny would really thrive outdoors.

Man I wish you the best of luck! I sure wish I could take her!

Thank you, Ele!

:SmackBottom: <---------------------------------------------------- just because! :mad:

I agree, Helen...for so, so many reasons :rofl

Wow, she's fabulous! So, is rehoming the wife not an option? :whistle:o:duckk:;)

I wouldn't survive more than a few days without her :o

I will look around since I am in the Bay Area. I will have a 55 gallon tank available in the next month and a half if you would rather get a bigger tank! Let me know!

Thank you! I don't think a second tank is an option, as it's pretty cramped as it is. Stow lake? (Just kidding :) ).

Too bad were on opposite sides of the country! I hope Johnny finds a great home. :heart

Thank you, MK! She would be very happy in your pond!

Hi Rob, I'm sorry to read about this. :( But I totally understand your reason. I hope you are able to find someone that has a huge tank or pond. How big is the tank that she's in now? Is she an only child or is she with friends? If I had a huge tank and was looking for another fish I think I would be tempted. We don't live too far away from one another. She's beautiful. Is her length in body only or with tail? You obviously have been taking really great care of her. :)

Hi Rob, I'm sorry to read about this. :( But I totally understand your reason. I hope you are able to find someone that has a huge tank or pond. How big is the tank that she's in now? Is she an only child or is she with friends? If I had a huge tank and was looking for another fish I think I would be tempted. We don't live too far away from one another. She's beautiful. Is her length in body only or with tail? You obviously have been taking really great care of her. :)

Thank you for the thoughtful note, Cheryl! She's in a 50 gallon tank, by herself, and the 7.5 inches is without tail. I think I can manage her care, as long as she doesn't get bigger, but keeping the water quality good, even in the 50 gal, is a lot of work. She also could use more swimming room, but we'll be OK if re-homing isn't possible. (and that pond will happen someday :ehh )

What an awesome fish for her to have a tank by herself of that size. She's huge with her height and weight. You'd think 50 gallons would still be A LOT of water for her. Is she in a long tank? I get it about wanting her in a bigger tank though. But I bet she's happy at home with you. She knows she's in great care.

What an awesome fish for her to have a tank by herself of that size. She's huge with her height and weight. You'd think 50 gallons would still be A LOT of water for her. Is she in a long tank? I get it about wanting her in a bigger tank though. But I bet she's happy at home with you. She knows she's in great care.

Aww, thanks, Cheryl! This tank is 37x19x17. Its proportions are similar to a 40 gallon breeder tank, but closer to a 55 gal in volume.

Sorry you have to let her go. Your wife isn't agreeable to even a stock tank set up outside? A 150 gallon would be perfect for her :) I'd take her if we weren't half way across the country.

Liz

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX

Sorry you have to let her go. Your wife isn't agreeable to even a stock tank set up outside? A 150 gallon would be perfect for her :) I'd take her if we weren't half way across the country.

Liz

Thanks, Liz! The problem is that we are renters, and I have no way to run electricity to a pond. Also, we have two boys who use the yard for basketball, so it's a no go, unless we win the lottery and can buy a house here. You literally need to be a millionaire to afford a house in these parts...

I'd take her if I weren't already neck deep in fish (fish spawned in April)

I hope you find a great home for the lovely lady.

Thanks, Kylen!

what a beauty :) sorry you have to let her go :( best of luck finding her a new home :)

Thanks, Shell!

Wow! That's one hefty fish! My fish are only 2 inches- they could still fit in a betta cup!

She could probably swallow them whole! :o :o :o

Good luck rehoming her! you're gonna need it.

:rofl

Yup :) Thanks!

Liz

?

Thanks, Liz! The problem is that we are renters, and I have no way to run electricity to a pond. ?Also, we have two boys who use the yard for basketball, so it's a no go, unless we win the lottery and can buy a house here. ?You literally need to be a millionaire to afford a house in these parts...

?

?

Yeah that can be tough as a renter, thankfully our landlord doesn't care what we do for the most part. We dug in our first pond but filled in the hole now. Unfortunately our little town is like that too buying wise. All the towns around us are reasonable but we like where we are. Is there something like a zoo or aquarium that would take her? It takes a lot of care & time to grow a fish like that, as you know;)

If you'd like I can check on the koi forum I'm on, they have a lot if goldfish people on there. There's people in your area.

Liz

Edited by duckweed

I would pay any and all import license and qt requirements for this fish. I have been a long time lover of Johnny and your care for him. :heart I think he would thrive in my pond. I am not however, confident that Johnny would mail well.

I hope someone from koko's takes him so we can continue to enjoy photos :)