Sign in to follow this  
hotnickles96

Panda Butterfly Telescope!

So my 29 gallon tank finally cycled!

I went on a rampage through every local fish store this weekend to see what was available . I've been wanting to buy a Butterfly Telescope or a Ranchu but, I couldn't decide.

I remember seeing a panda telescope in a pet store awhile ago but I didn't think it would still be there. To my surprise he/she was still swimming around waiting for me!

Haven't Named him or her yet but,

Weight is 18 grams

Length is about 2.5 - 3 inches

In the tank and on the first round of Prazi :)

P9070786.jpg

P9070788.jpg

P9090827.jpg

P9090843.jpg

Btw I'm getting rid of the green plant in the background and replacing it with a silk plant. I'm worried about his/her eyes.

Also I might need a smaller size bubble disk. Seems like it might make to much current in the tank.

Let me know what you think! :)

Send him to me, now!! :o

:rofl

No, all jokes aside, he\she is gorgeous. Congratulations!

Super duper adorable :wub: I'd remove that plant too. Looks kinda needley :(

Congrats on your panda tele! :thumbs: Hope you have a boring qt!

Beautiful!! What a find!!

Gorgeous fish! And yes, take the plant out. Sometimes Pandas lose their black. So, I like that you have the black sand. That may encourage the black to stay.

Eeeek, such a beauty! Meant to be that he was still waiting for you.

Omg!!! I've never been a fan of pandas for some reason... til now! His shape, that tail, the eyes :thud

He is GORGEOUS, I'm so happy he was still there for you! :happydance congrats!

Congrats!!!

My butterfly used to look like your guy. He is all white now lol

Oh my, what a gorgeous fish! GIMME! :rofl

:Congrats: Josh! :)

He's so pretty! I actually just got a panda as well but she has less white on her.

I have two amazon sword pants, should I take them out so mine doesn't hurt her eyes??

Thanks everyone!

I really just wanted almost any type of Butterfly Telescope so i'm not to worried about color change. Just going to take good care and try to get him/her to grow as best as possible.Hopefully having the 29 to him/herself will help :)

I ordered some Hikari Green bag that hopefully arrives in a week or two. Could only find it on ebay coming from japan. I fed peas today just to clean the system from whatever the pet store was feeding. The current fish food I have on hand is NLS. So I will be using that until I get the Hikari Green bag. Also will be feeding bloodworms but, I cant find a feeding cone in any of my local stores which stinks. I really don't want to pay 5 dollar shipping on a 2-3 dollar item lol. Well worth the fishless cycle wait! :)

Edited by hotnickles96

Thanks everyone!

I really just wanted almost any type of Butterfly Telescope so i'm not to worried about color change. Just going to take good care and try to get him/her to grow as best as possible.Hopefully having the 29 to him/herself will help :)

I ordered some Hikari Green bag that hopefully arrives in a week or two. Could only find it on ebay coming from japan. I fed peas today just to clean the system from whatever the pet store was feeding. The current fish food I have on hand is NLS. So I will be using that until I get the Hikari Green bag. Also will be feeding bloodworms but, I cant find a feeding cone in any of my local stores which stinks. I really don't want to pay 5 dollar shipping on a 2-3 dollar item lol. Well worth the fishless cycle wait! :)

I have my telescope in a 29 gallon by herself, too. She is doing great and really growing.

Edited by jmetzger72

That is one fine fish! Congrats -- it was meant to be! :heart

He's so pretty! I actually just got a panda as well but she has less white on her.

I have two amazon sword pants, should I take them out so mine doesn't hurt her eyes??

They're probably fine if they are real. It's the plastic plants that are a little dangerous.

What a beautiful fish! Hope QT goes smoothly! :)

OMG I want that fish!! Really need one as it would round out my collection.

You got one of my dream fish lol

Most lose their black in time but I hope yours does not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Shut up! That's an amazing fish. Congratulations, all of your time and efforts have paid off. :)

Oooh what a pretty fish! Congrats :D

AWw! You found your baby and a beautiful one at that. Congratulations. You really did hold out for a beautiful find. It was meant to be for her/him to still be at the store.

You were talking about those worm cones...I have them and use them sometimes. Sometimes they are more of a pain then anything. What you will want to do without them is turn off your filter and wait several seconds for the water to be more still and just drop some worms down into the tank in one area. If she's fast enough she's going to try to eat them before they even hit the ground. :) If not, don't worry she'll scurry around and get them pretty fast. When I bought mine I made sure I wanted to purchase more stuff on line to get a better shipping deal. I purchased mine at DrsFosterSmithdotcom (Doctors Foster and Smith) Order $49.00 get free shipping. I bought my first bag of Hikari Lionhead sinking pellets, two cones, and a couple of other items and got free shipping. :)

Amazing omg :thud:heart

Best of luck!!! Keep us updated for sure!

Edited by Chai

What a Beautiful Panda you have :) be prepared as mine turned all white in just a few months ;)

which hakari comes in the green bag? or did you mean the purple bag which a lot of us use?

I also wait and do a monthly order from fosters ad smith to save on shipping ;)

Thanks you!

No, it's actually the Hikari Green bag. The Purple bag has growth and color enhancer. The green bag is pretty much there growth formula. I figured I would concentrate on growing rather than color since he/she is black and white and is most likely going to change anyway lol.

HikariGreenBag.png

I love green :rofl but I've not seen that food before! You will have to tell us how you like it. I feed the purple hikari and omega one and nls Thera-A and frozen brine and worms and blanched peas and spinach. They eat better than anybody else in the house :teehee

very beautiful, I suspect it's a she :heart

congratulations :)