Supergreen, Garlic and bloodworms!

jdjn13

I have created a blend of repashy supergreen (soilent isnt available in the uk), garlic and bloodworms. I've heard that garlic has a lot of benefits for fish and bloodworms have a nice high protein percentage.

I've heard of bloodworms being mixed into supergreen before so thought i would try it with the addition of garlic.

Anyone else tried this? What do you think?

I think, though don't quote me on this, that supergreen already contains garlic.

I've tried something like this before, and it seems to work okay, but I think that just feeding supergreen and bloodworms seperately would probably be fine.

can't see garlic on the ingrediants list. I'm going to try it as an experiment. They love bloodworms and garlic a lot more than supergreen so if i put those in the supergreen they might like it a bit more haha. Like putting chicken in a salad for me :teehee

Post and let us know how they take to it! I have one goldfish who needs a vegan diet so all my fish eat Supergreen now, but I've always considered making a different batch of Supergreen for my other fish with some kind of animal protein like bloodworms added.

I chucked one little cube in and my lionhead who usually spits supergreen out has eaten most of it haha! He certainly seemed to like the added ingredients. My oranda who eats everything didn't really get a look in and as a result is chasing the lionhead around the tank for eating it all! Hahaha!

Kaylaj2355: Do you find that supergreen gives a yellowish tinge to any of your whiter coloured fish? (if you have any)

Kaylaj2355: Do you find that supergreen gives a yellowish tinge to any of your whiter coloured fish? (if you have any)

Both super green and soilent green can create the yellow tinge.

A good many number of people on the forum have mixed in various things into the Repashy mixes, including bloodworms and garlic.

The super green is a better mix to do this with, so you aren't missing out much on the soilent green. :)

Thanks dnalex. Is it weird that i want that yellow tinge? I've seen it in other people fish and find it quite attractive.

Thanks dnalex. Is it weird that i want that yellow tinge? I've seen it in other people fish and find it quite attractive.

I don't think it's weird that you want a yellow tinge. I love that yellow tinge on my fish as well. :)

Nope not weird! I want the yellow tinge back in my orandas wen! There's a reason I named him lemon pepper! The lemon part isn't as bright anymore! Still very peppery :P:rofl :rofl

I actually haven't noticed but it has only been a couple months so far :D

Okay, it's been what? Two days since I first posted in this thread? I have already noticed a definate increase of yellow colouring in my calico oranda's head and fins.

Okay, it's been what? Two days since I first posted in this thread? I have already noticed a definate increase of yellow colouring in my calico oranda's head and fins.

I quite like the yellowing, it's a welcomed addition in my opinion. :)

That was fast! (Or it has had a placebo effect on you. :rofl )