Pond babies!

bodoba

Here is a picture of the bucket of babies I got from the pond, they vary in size but some are only the size of an eyelash! :yikes I'd say there is around 14-15 there. I lost count but will recount when I do a bucket transfer later so they don't have to be in the dirty water for long.

sept82013154_zps87c89a72.jpg

Now the story about Lucky:

I had spent 5-6 hours draining the pond and transferring the fish so when I was down to a little puddle of muddy water (1/2" deep) I left it since I was SURE I had gotten all the baby fish out. Well I went out 2 hrs later and saw something wiggle in that puddle. :o I went down and started swooping water out again with a kids toy and finally found him. He is the largest fry I have so I took a proper photo.

lucky2013_zpscf8d19ad.jpg

Thank goodness I went out and rechecked! Hope you're with me for a long time Lucky! :heart

So I was adding a bit more tap water to my pond plants, trying to slowing raise the level so it won't take so long to fill it when the fish are ready, plus it gives them fresh minerals as I consider myself to have quite a crowded situation.

So what do I see swimming into the chlorinated tap water :yikes A fry! With colour even! So I stopped filling immediately, and chased him into a little container.

This fish was scooped up with the plants, which sat without much water for 3-4 hours and then was dumped into the preformed. Thank gods I added prime yesterday when I filled it (just incase I missed any) What a little trooper. So here is another found fry:

Trooper :heart

trooper_zps7ca1da2e.jpg

Will try to get pics but I looked closer and there are two bottom split fantails among the fry. One has a tail splay just like princess :wub: I will definitely be keeping my eye on that one.

Busy week has caused the 60 gal move to happen on Friday, I think they'll be fine for a week in the 5 gal bucket considering their size. Will charge my camera and try to get shots tomorrow night at the water change. :)

Here is their new house. It is a 67 gal tank (filled to 60 gal) They spent the first few days divided and some snuck over to visit No Eyed Sally so I took it out during this water change. :) There is also a water flea in there that I could not get a pic of :teehee Also could not get a good shot of the watonai fry (there are two)

sept182013014_zps6954f9fc.jpg

Only took No Eyed Sally 2 mins to find the repashy this time! :heart

sept182013015_zpsebee8f9b.jpg