hole in wen please help

LouiseAnn

Kenalog is amazing at reducing the redness. I didn't put any on yesterday. Ill put some more on today and once more in another two days.

It's amazing at reducing redness because it's a steroid. :o

Is steroid bad!?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In optometry school, remember one professor saying "steroids are magic". :o

They reduce redness and inflammation and work wonders but, like any medication, should be used cautiously. Alex, Helen and others wouldn't use it wrecklessly or if it wasn't needed. :)

I'm sorry Tiger is all healed up by now Louise.

Soon hopefully.

Thanks. Its ok. All I can do is try to help him. But his body must fight!

I'm going to keep him in qt untill the redness stops. I cant help but think some beneficial bacteria might help him recover quicker...

I wish this hole would close. My waterbill is gonna be huge haha!

Hi Louise, Sorry about my type error. It was suppose to say, I'm sorry Tiger isn't all healed up by now.

How is his behavior? Is he active? Does that sore look like it's healing from the bottom up or getting smaller to you from the outer edges? I'm sorry it's not all gone. :(

Soon hopefully.

I'm going to keep him in qt untill the redness stops. I cant help but think some beneficial bacteria might help him recover quicker...

Hi Louise, Sorry about my type error. It was suppose to say, I'm sorry Tiger isn't all healed up by now.

How is his behavior? Is he active? Does that sore look like it's healing from the bottom up or getting smaller to you from the outer edges? I'm sorry it's not all gone. :(

Its OK. Hes active and normal in behavior, it looks like its healing from bothe the bottom and the sides. I'm hoping to get the meds off the vet soon so I can treat him for the four days and hopefully the red will stop coming back!

Soon hopefully.

Its OK. Hes active and normal in behavior, it looks like its healing from bothe the bottom and the sides. I'm hoping to get the meds off the vet soon so I can treat him for the four days and hopefully the red will stop coming back!

and hope the sore goes away all together. You are remarkable with the care you are giving Tiger.

I'm sorry Tiger is all healed up by now Louise. Soon hopefully.

Thanks. Its ok. All I can do is try to help him. But his body must fight!I'm going to keep him in qt untill the redness stops. I cant help but think some beneficial bacteria might help him recover quicker...I wish this hole would close. My waterbill is gonna be huge haha!
Hi Louise, Sorry about my type error. It was suppose to say, I'm sorry Tiger isn't all healed up by now. How is his behavior? Is he active? Does that sore look like it's healing from the bottom up or getting smaller to you from the outer edges? I'm sorry it's not all gone. :(
and hope the sore goes away all together. You are remarkable with the care you are giving Tiger.

Thankyou :D I hope he appreciates it lol :)

First pic is a bit blurry. But I think the hole is a bit smaller and shallower.

Second pic shows color and depth a bit better. Around the eye has a definate layer of new tissue to it that was not there before. The outside is still a bit pink :(

I picked up the medicine today, but its only enough for one dose. Thankfully the vet just charged me for the meds, not a consult :D

20131006_155536-1_zps87d7cc1a.jpg

20131006_155532-1_zpscab76bce.jpg

Every time I come look at your thread I'm hoping he's going to look better. You are trying so many things with Tiger. You and him are fighters. To me, the hole looks the same. I wonder what others are going to say. Is he still active with swimming and eating? I wish I could help you with Tiger. :hug

Every time I come look at your thread I'm hoping he's going to look better. You are trying so many things with Tiger. You and him are fighters. To me, the hole looks the same. I wonder what others are going to say. Is he still active with swimming and eating? I wish I could help you with Tiger. :hug

Thankyou :D ypur comments mean allot even without clinical advice :hug

Yeah his behavior is normal. Still no lethargy, flashing, loss of appetite etc. Hes a happy little fishy accept for that hole!

Thankyou :D ypur comments mean allot even without clinical advice :hug

Yeah his behavior is normal. Still no lethargy, flashing, loss of appetite etc. Hes a happy little fishy accept for that hole!

Thanks Louise. I feel like I kind of know you because we have/had something kind of in common with our fish and have been through a lot with them. I'm so glad that Tiger is still active and eating.

If any mods are online would like some advice please. The only thing in tigers tank is meds doxyvet. No salt. Un cycled. Directions are add to water, leave for 4 days, do a 50% water change then repeat if nessicary. Should I leave it as per directions even if its un cycled?

• Supporter

i'm sorry Louise, I wish I could help, but as I've stated repeatedly, I have no experience with wen ulcers :(

if it were me, I would be back tracking to what worked in the past. were you seeing good results using the Kana or the Romet? or both together? I can't remember.

poor tiger :( I hope things get better.

Let's stay with the doxy for a couple of days at least.

Monitor your parameters, and use prime to neutralize the ammonia daily, if possible.

The best thing to do is to post parameters daily, along with pics, and we can advise.

:( poor Tiger. Should I put some kenalog on to try slow it down while the meds work?

Ph 7 ammonia 0.25 nitrite and nitrate 0

Tiger is still happy for now at least

20131008_175206-1_zps2b3fd7a1.jpg