hole in wen please help

LouiseAnn

I'm hoping right along with you that your treatment will be enough and it will be done.

You have a fish vet? Wow. That's something. :)

I know! I just called them to find out if my fish needed antibiotics if they would give them to me... then they said they have a vet that will look at him but he's away! did not expect that!

I am glad the red has gone down. I'm confident its done.

Do I put him back into the tank he came from? or Keep him in QT until his hole is completely gone?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping right along with you that your treatment will be enough and it will be done.

Wow a fish vet that's pretty cool! :D hmmm if I start studying fish I could have that as a bonus when I become a vet tech....

Resume:

"Strong knowledge of fish treatment" :rofl :rofl

Then I'd take Alex's job on here :P jk I don't think I could ever know as much as Alex and the mods..... It would take me a long loooonnnggg while :blink:

Edited by Mernany

Wow a fish vet that's pretty cool! :D hmmm if I start studying fish I could have that as a bonus when I become a vet tech....

Resume:

"Strong knowledge of fish treatment" :rofl :rofl

Then I'd take Alex's job on here :P jk I don't think I could ever know as much as Alex and the mods..... It would take me a long loooonnnggg while :blink:

HAHAH great idea!!! If I could handle doing procedures all day I would love to be a vet!! unfortunately I would be a blubbering mess the whole time lol

Trying to treat tiger is enough!!

Thanks for following My journey with Tiger :)

• Supporter

Louise, I hope it's moving in the right direction too! and I have my fingers crossed for you and Tiger.. I don't know what to make of that picture since I really don't know what 'regrowth' of wen looks like. I've only observed new wen growth and that just looks like uneven blobs of rubber.. lol.

i'm doing all my wen learning from you and Tiger :)

It looks better, I think :)

Does High protine help wen growth?

I don't know that a high protein diet the key, but rather a good protein diet that contains the "right" amino acids. For a while now, breeders have reported that blood worms are quite fantastic for growth of humps and wen, as well as food that contains methionine.

I started introducing bloodworm last night. I also gave him a pea. Ill feed more bloodworm tonight.

I think I figured out how much Romnet TC to feed him, 0.002 grams per day.

So yesterday I measured 0.002g powder, rolled new food in it and made sure he ate the correct amount with less pellet food so there was room for the bloodworm and pea.

:)

Louise, I hope it's moving in the right direction too! and I have my fingers crossed for you and Tiger.. I don't know what to make of that picture since I really don't know what 'regrowth' of wen looks like. I've only observed new wen growth and that just looks like uneven blobs of rubber.. lol.

i'm doing all my wen learning from you and Tiger :)

At the very least, I'm glad Tigers Journey is shared with people that might get something out if it to help another fishy.

:)

20130923_200405-1_zps0244c512.jpgLast day of antibiotic was today. Its been two days since kenalog. Red has come back at bottom. Think I might put some kenalog on today if its ok.

Jeff...Can I put kenalog on every other day over 6 days instead of three days in a row?

Edited by LouiseAnn

Right. I want to give Tiger the best fighting chance at healing now he's without antibiotics.

Food. 911 goldfish tells me garlic elixir is a good idea. I might soak his pellet food in this.

Bloodworm for wen growth

Food with acidophilus and some clay stuff to boost immune by microbe lift.

Peas

Keeping salt and WC up.

Mmmm anything else?

Edited by LouiseAnn

Hello everyone. Update. Omg I think maybe he's getting better! I don't know if its not being on antibiotics, or the foods ive been feeding him. But I think it looks good! Hope you all think the same! 20130924_203934-1_zps98eb0039.jpg

Great news!

I don't think it's not being on antibiotics. You managed to scour out the deep infections with the antibiotics, and now he is healing. Hopefully, it will be fully healed within the next two days. :)

Great news!I don't think it's not being on antibiotics. You managed to scour out the deep infections with the antibiotics, and now he is healing. Hopefully, it will be fully healed within the next two days. :)

I hope so too :) thank you for your help! Although Ill keep updating posts until the wen looks normal. Mostly because its interesting.

Looking good!! And I'd like to compliment you on your clear up close pics. :). Very interesting thread to follow and i am glad he's doing so well. Nice work! :clapping:

Thank you :) I just hope he keeps getting better. Thanks for reading!