hole in wen please help

LouiseAnn

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay :) im going to keep posting pics of his progress until he's 100% better. I don't want a relapse or any bacteria left over that's become resistant. But im super excited hes getting better :D

I think the white at the center is very good!How come you are making another batch?

Lol didn't explain myself ay. The food was a bit wet inside the feeder its just a cheep one so I think moisture from the tank got in it. The top coat ended up with some on the sides of the feeder tray.

Probably could have re dried that lot but I figured id make him a new batch and mix up the fod coated for him.

Im glad the white is good :) hopefully the pink has died down by the time I get home from work. Im nervous he's going to relapse.

The best way to ensure that we are feeding enough medicated food is to weigh him, and then weighing out the exact amount of food. :)

OK Tiger is 55 grams.... aaaand I'm lost lol. Please help me figure out what on earth all this means lol.

DIRECTIONS: In order to coat 2.5lbs (40oz.) of food, add ½ -1 oz (2 tbsp.) of Romet TC to a container with 2 oz (1/4 cup) of water to create a slurry for coating the food of your choice.

Romet TC should be fed at a rate equivalent to 50 milligrams of active ingredients per kilogram (23mg/lb) of live body weight of fish per day. As an example, for actively feeding fish, feed at the lower concentration (1/2 oz. per 2.5 lbs: approximately 1 tbsp. per 2.5lbs.) for five (5) days. For less active fish, feed at the higher concentration (1 oz. per 2.5lbs: approximately 2 tbsp. per 5 lbs.) for five (5) days.

I just went over the above...

I'm not good at working out this stuff. I have mixed 1 teaspoon with 12 mills of aged water, and coated food with that. He is only eating between 20-30 coated pellets per day. No way near finishing the batch. should he be getting more?

If he is 55 grams, should he be getting just over 25 milligrams of food per day?

O_o

OK he loves his food so ill up the amount of pellets falling out of the feeder :) he poops allot so he should be fine for a while.

Thank you for working that out for me!!! :thumbup2:

Should I make some gel food with it?

The only issue I can foresee is the boiling water might destroy what active ingredients are in it?

You can try. :)

For gel food, we wait until it has cooled down, but not yet set, before adding the active ingredients. I used to do it all the time. :)

OK I have gone back through the pictures previous to yesterdays one, and the pic I posted you cant tell its still pink around the edges. So the pink in the last picture uploaded has not come back, it was there the whole time just depends how the light shines on it.

I'm still worried but hopefully the pinkness is less today when I get home.

Hope I'm making sense lol

Isn't it just awful to worry about our fish? Yours has been improving though, right? The ulcer/wound area looks better to me then those first photo's. I hope it's not too much longer for the both of you to be done with all of the work that you've been doing.

Edited by 4prettyfish

Isn't it just awful to worry about our fish? Yours has been improving though, right? The ulcer/wound area looks better to me then those first photo's. I hope it's not too much longer for the both of you to be done with all of the work that you've been doing.

Yes its horrible! I think its getting better... but I still worry. All day. Much like you. I don't think it will feel like complete success until there is no sign of any issues for at least a few months!