hole in wen please help

LouiseAnn

Awwww poor Tiger. :(Did you tell the vet that he seemed to have responded to Romet for a little bit?

Alex i did. But i might tell him again. He said i may as well stop giving him the antibiotics but im going to keep giving him the romnet. Hopefully it works again. This time ill keep him on it for a long time. (If it works) at least Tiger will teach vet students and my vet a little something on the ulcer.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now im nervous my other fish are in danger. But the bacteria is found in almost every body of water , even puddles! So most fish tanks have it...

Hi Louise Ann,

I'm sorry Tiger isn't doing as well, and that the vet visit wasn't as positive as it could be. I agree that it could be mycobacteria (or another type of bacteria, since wen ulcers are almost exclusively bacterial in origin), but let's keep trying. I think it's worth reminding him that whatever it was, it responded to Romet.

Mycobacteria are indeed everywhere, and there isn't anything you can do to prevent it.

Yes.and so I learn more about my fishy friends. The vet did say stop the romnet. But I have not. Im going to keep him on it for at least a week (5 more days) and see if it works again. If its working great! Ill keep him on it for well over the 14 days like last time. Its either that or let him go at this point. Since Tiger is still happy swimming and eating he deserves that at least.

Yes just got back from getting a swab. And the prognosis was terrible. Vet said he needs to take the sample to get get further tests. But nothing came up under there microscope using the die they have. He said its most likely mycobacteria thas un treatable in fish, contagious to fish and contagious to human but treatable in human. Or its carp pox, or cancer.

Bugger.

On the plus side he has taken my pictures and is using them in a lecture in the city this weekend...AND is showing Tigers swab slide to the melbourne aquarium vet to see what he thinks.

Trying to stay positive. Poor Tiger.

I'm sorry the Vet prognosis wasn't good news. :( Very sad news indeed.

You are doing a lot for Tiger though and keeping him as happy as he can be with his swimming around and eating still. So that is awesome. He sure is a fighter and so are you. Hopefully, when the weekend is over with the lecture your Vet might have another idea/treatment for Tiger. Louise, Always continued good thoughts go out to the both of you.

No news yet... just waiting patiently until the vet calls. I hope the vet that cares for the Melbourne aquarium has some good news for me.

Ok so the other vet seems to think its not contagious!!! Im getting some injections for tiger tonight. Not sure what the injections are yet.... im going to learn how to do it myself. Omg! Im nervous!

Tiger is in a qt tank right? Have the other fish been with him since he's been sick?

You will do great with the injections, if that's what your going to do. Don't be nervous. You can do it.

Oh no! :bighug for you! You really care for Tiger in a most amazing way!

RIP brave Tiger

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm so sorry for your loss. :( I never posted to your thread but I'd check in now and then to see how you and Tiger were doing, and saw just how much you went above and beyond to help him. :heart

Edited by jenzaar

I am sad to see/read that Tiger had passed away. I hope you are okay. :hug

I am very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Tiger. You tried so hard and did so much to fight his battle and Tiger was such a trooper.

I will keep you in my thoughts during this sad time for you. :(

I am so sorry to hear of Tiger's passing! My condolences to you!

Thankyou :) hopefully my other fish are ok!

Louise, I just want to say that I was worried about my other two fish that shared a tank with Jet. I heard both sides that it was contagious and it wasn't contagious. To ease my own mind, I treated my 60g tank with filters on (won't hurt bb) and other fish with a 10 day treatment of metronidazole.

I am so sorry to hear of Tiger's passing! My condolences to you!

Thankyou :) hopefully my other fish are ok!

Louise, I just want to say that I was worried about my other two fish that shared a tank with Jet. I heard both sides that it was contagious and it wasn't contagious. To ease my own mind, I treated my 60g tank with filters on (won't hurt bb) and other fish with a 10 day treatment of metronidazole.

Oh thanks! I just feel so lost. I couldn't help Tiger. I still cant believe he's gone. just don't know what to do.