hole in wen please help

LouiseAnn

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry Louise that Tiger is not doing good. I feel for the both of you. I'm glad that he doesn't seem to be aware of any of this though and that he has a good appetite still.

:hug

Still looks terrible. Its only day two of the doxy. Im going to do a 50% wc and add the doxy taken out. I hate not doing water changes in the qt tank.

20131009_182812-1_zpsf6ac4882.jpg

I think you can do a 100% WC and just add back the full amount of doxy.

Could you ring the vet and tell her that you don't think the med is working as effectively as it could?

C'mon Tiger!! We've all got our fingers or fins crossed over here for you! :heart

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Positive thinking makes the world go around. THANKYOU :)

I'm so sorry Louise that Tiger is not doing good. I feel for the both of you. I'm glad that he doesn't seem to be aware of any of this though and that he has a good appetite still.

:hug

im glad hes not too fussed too. Oh poor baby.

Vet said its normal for it to look red, and its good its exposed so the medicine gets in it. I sent her the same pics as this thread all dated, and emailed her the pic from today. I guess if she sais its normal it is.

Well im doing all I can.

C'MON TIGER!

Thinking of you and Tiger.

I did 100% daily wc also whenever I had a fish in qt. Like Alex said, just make sure you replace everything you took out as in regards to meds.

Those 100% wc might not seem like much but it is. It's a great thing to do for Tiger.

Hi everyone. tiger is not doing very well. The ulcer is very red and a little bigger. But its much shallower. I haven't taken any pics because the water went a bit cloudy with the meds and I don't want to touch him anymore. Ill try get a good pic now im starting the dosage again. Im waiting for the vet to let me know if I should start a different treatment.

Tiger is still active, playful and hungry :D

Hi everyone. tiger is not doing very well. The ulcer is very red and a little bigger. But its much shallower. I haven't taken any pics because the water went a bit cloudy with the meds and I don't want to touch him anymore. Ill try get a good pic now im starting the dosage again. Im waiting for the vet to let me know if I should start a different treatment.

Tiger is still active, playful and hungry :D

I'm sorry Tiger isn't doing any better Louise. I sure have been thinking of you both even when I don't post on here.

Continued thoughts of both of you. :hug

Vet is in tomorrow. Ill hold off until then. Fingers crossed for a bacteria swab and treatment accordingly.

Thinking of you Louise and hoping your Vet appointment gives you something positive.

Tiger I booked in for the vet tomorrow. Im hoping for a swab and bacterial grow so I can treat the issue properly.

It will take a while to get the results. In the mean time I decided to take all the water out of Tigers QT and start the romnet tc again.

Tiger I booked in for the vet tomorrow. Im hoping for a swab and bacterial grow so I can treat the issue properly.

It will take a while to get the results. In the mean time I decided to take all the water out of Tigers QT and start the romnet tc again.

Good idea.

How is Tiger doing?

Yes just got back from getting a swab. And the prognosis was terrible. Vet said he needs to take the sample to get get further tests. But nothing came up under there microscope using the die they have. He said its most likely mycobacteria thas un treatable in fish, contagious to fish and contagious to human but treatable in human. Or its carp pox, or cancer.

Bugger.

On the plus side he has taken my pictures and is using them in a lecture in the city this weekend...AND is showing Tigers swab slide to the melbourne aquarium vet to see what he thinks.

Trying to stay positive. Poor Tiger.

Now im nervous my other fish are in danger. But the bacteria is found in almost every body of water , even puddles! So most fish tanks have it...