A hole in Jet's wen

4prettyfish

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do some laundry too if you can! That's what I always do when I don't know what to do with myself. :rofl. Got that from my mom--if in doubt/nervous energy? Laundry is the answer. :rofl

Glad to hear he's perking up!

Hi Lisa, I did laundry yesterday. ha ha I kept busy with cleaning up and sterilizing everything after the procedure. Then I did my two huge wc on tanks. Now I need to go eat something for the day. :)

You and Helen are amazing! So glad to hear that the surgery went well, Dr Cheryl :)

Helen is amazing. She not only assisted me but did this in the middle of the night where most humans :) are sleeping. She is the true DR. Helen and so is Alex. Those two people know soooooo much about Everything.

Great news !

Thank you. I'll know more later if it was all taken out or not. I hope your fish is doing okay.

Hi Cheryl,

I'm glad everything went well. Whenever you and Jet are ready, I'd like both photos of the ulcer site, and a video of Jet in general. Thank you! :)

Helen is pretty darn amazing, and a great friend! :D

Check you in box when you have time Alex please. Also,...Helen when you wake up. :)

Tiger is OK considering. He looks funny with a patch of kenalog in his face hahah. I can only imagine the knots in your tummy over the last few days!! Your doing an amazing job! You have very lucky fishy babies to have a mum that will go to such lengths for there fish. Its good to be in contact with other people that would do anything for their fish too. Especially in hard times :) :) :)

Tiger is OK considering. He looks funny with a patch of kenalog in his face hahah. I can only imagine the knots in your tummy over the last few days!! Your doing an amazing job! You have very lucky fishy babies to have a mum that will go to such lengths for there fish. Its good to be in contact with other people that would do anything for their fish too. Especially in hard times :) :) :)

I hope his treatment will be a success though. I was okay....just prior to knowing Helen was going to come onto Skype. Okay, I got nervous last night also. This site is pretty amazing. :)

I am so glad to see this, Cheryl. You and Helen just performed an operation... that in itself is something to be very proud of. :hug I'm glad Jet's recovery is going smoothly. Here's to continuing that!

:hug Big hugs all around for Cheryl, Helen and Jet! So much bravery and courage under pressure! I am so happy that everything turned out well! "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming"! :happydance

Thank you everyone. I appreciate all the kind words you are giving me. (I'll let Helen speak for herself. ha ha:) You know I can joke with you now Helen because we just went through something together.) I will never forget this. I'd post all individual comments of thank you's but I'm limited with time on computer now before Taylor needs it for homework.

Alex, Helen, and Jeff. I decided to go ahead and post these video's of after Jet's surgery seeing there was a problem earlier and Taylor is going to need computer in a bit. I really want you to see as soon as you can. I already gave you Helen and Alex my thoughts on this. I should have cut a bigger circumference.:( I'll do better next time if you feel it's necessary.

Jet after surgery several hours later.

http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/4prettyfish/media/9-9-13Afterwensugeryofhole002_zps93af52bf.mp4.html

Jet in container about 8 hours after his procedure.

http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/4prettyfish/media/9-9-13Jetinfoodcontainerabout8hrsafterprocedure001_zps6640f7b5.mp4.html

• Supporter

there are very many reasons why I consider the kokos community my family, this is one of the MAJOR reasons. without your support, Cheryl would not have had the confidence to do this. granted, she is a very determined individual who in her every day life for a very long time has faced and conquered hurtles that you and I would never be faced with. this has developed her into a strong person, open minded and willing to accept any challenge to present her. I noticed in her character even before going ahead with this and only through discussions that she had already begun to accept and embrace the idea and turn it into reality. this made my involvement simple. my hat off to Cheryl, the video I took of her going through all this is not of good quality as I cannot see much due to the transmission being very pixelated, therefore, I am not really sure if I should even attempt to upload it, also given that it is almost an hour long. but I will discuss that with Alex & Cheryl and perhaps we can put a bunch of snippets together for our new fish surgeon :heart

I want to say a big thanks to you all for supporting us as you do, your motivational support contributed to all of this being possible. if Cheryl and I can do this, so can you. if ever you find yourself in a situation where this needs to be done, like I supported Cheryl, either myself or others will support you :)

so thank you Koko for providing us this cyberspace platform where we can all group as a family and receive unconditional support from eachother, and thanks to the Koko community for providing your support, you may not have this understanding, but to someone who really needs it, your support offered really means a lot during these times of need :) we are in the best place for goldfish love.

:heart :heart

Good job, I hope Jet will be on the road of recovery from here. Helen you are what Aussies call a Legend. :thumbup2:

Hi Jeff, I have a feeling I should have made the circumference bigger. :( I wasn't thinking I guess.:( I don't know! I was cutting around the hole that was there and deep into it though. It was hard because I thought he had died that first time. Helen remained cool. I thought I did. I don't know. I was trying to be strong for her because she was helping me out. I'll understand if I have to do this again. With help again, of course. :)

Hi Helen, :hug What a lovely thing to say. Thank you. I couldn't have done this without your support and help also. You wrote a beautiful thing regarding Koko's forum and the members support. I could not have written it better. :) Because YOU MEMBERS made me feel comfortable to try to do this.

Taylor had gone to school today and told some of her friends what was going on here with Helen and myself. A male friend of Taylor's asked; Why is your Mom doing that? If the fish is sick why doesn't' she just let it die? She can always go get another one. it's just a fish. Taylor wasn't too happy with him. She gave him her two cents. What a voice my child has. :)

Like what Helen said above.... All us fish lovers understand. :)

You've done a good job considering this is your first attempt. I think you should have cut a tag more but if you've already removed most of the bad tissues, it should be fine. From here onwards you've to keep your water very pristine. I think you should not have that artificial plant in there...lol.

Good for you Taylor!! :nana

The videos didnt work for me. I don't if its because I'm on my iPad or not . . . :idont

Click the link scroll down and press full site and clos out. Then click the links again. ;)

The videos didnt work for me. I don't if its because I'm on my iPad or not . . . :idont

I'll let her know you said that tomorrow. Thanks Lisa. :)

My guess would be because your on an iPad.

Fantastic job, you two! :heart Now Jet just has to get better quickly!!

Thank you so much. I agree with you ....get better quickly Jet. He seems fine one minute then the next I wonder and worry about him.

You've done a good job considering this is your first attempt. I think you should have cut a tag more but if you've already removed most of the bad tissues, it should be fine. From here onwards you've to keep your water very pristine. I think you should not have that artificial plant in there...lol.

Thanks Jeff. I'm glad you think it was good then for a first attempt. I was worried I did a lousy job. :( I was suppose to remove both plants but I removed the bigger one only. He just seemed so exposed in that tank. I'll remove it. Usually I do a huge wc every 5 days. On this qt I was going to do one every other day seeing I'm putting in meds. I'll be using that up real fast. Thank you again Jeff for having conversations with Helen and Alex regarding my fish. I really do appreciate it.

Click the link scroll down and press full site and clos out. Then click the links again. ;)

:) good thing you figured that out Mikey. :)

It doesn't look bad at all, Cheryl, and certainly amazing for a first attempt. We may want you to go in a week or so and cut out some more, but even that is not definite.

:Congrats:

(wipe my forehead :) ) Thanks for saying that Alex. I appreciate it. I'll cut out more if that is what you guys and gal :) want me to do. I really, really, didn't like the part where I took Jet out of the sedating tank and he was soooooo limp. My heart was racing and I really, really, wanted to cry. But Helen really, really, made me stay strong. I didn't like that first cut into his wen but once I had the feeling of what it was like it was ....sort of.....okay. I just did it. Like how I would do anything for Taylor. :)

• Supporter

you've done well, grasshopper :) stand proud :bighug

from this point forward, just follow the meds routine that is suggested & recommended. if in a week's time that kicks in for the better, then perhaps we don't need to do this again. we will reassess over the next few days going by your reported observations :)

• Supporter

if you looking for maximum cuteness overload, be very sure to see the second video posted.. I melted like butter.. :wub:

Oh my gosh you all are so courageous and strong :) my hats off to you both :) I don't now if I would have the nerve or the stomach to do what you all did :) but I am so happy to hear it went well and Jet is recovering nicely :) way to go ladies!!!!