A hole in Jet's wen

4prettyfish

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Helen, I haven't read your messages yet here. I was going to pm you my Skype info. It's actually under my daughters full name. So if you see this and it's not too late here try skyping before I turn off computer. Thanks

HI Jeff, Thank you for reading these posts and helping.

For Helen, Jeff, Alex, .....Anyone that wants to answer please. :) I have questions and worry is setting in. There is absolutely nothing that can be done to help Jet except to remove this ulcer that is under the Wen? No meds, nothing? I think getting on the internet is making me stressful. I read that a hole in wen is deadly. Is that because of what lies in that hole of the Wen? I'm sorry for all the questions. I feel confident I can do it. I'm just beginning to panic some. The fish is doing really good. Eating, swimming. I cked his mouth and no sores in it that I could see on the insides. His hole looks to be the same.

Added: And for sure....It's not contagious to the other fish? I don't need to treat them.? Can I throw out some med names please? I read on the internet from sites about: hydrogen peroxide, baytril for 5 days, Amikacin injections for last resort for 3 days, Nitrofuracin Green to cure. What I read it said this, A good preventative and curative antimicrobial treatment for small abrasions and sores. I'm just wanting to make sure there is no other option. Thanks so much. This is why I feel stress coming on. I'm trying not to.

Edited by 4prettyfish

hello Cheryl,

further instruction from Alex, leads me to believe that a box cutter might not be appropriate. so we've discussed & agreed on the following.

what you and I are going to do is this:

IMG_5004_zpsdb035cfb.jpg

in order to achieve this most accurately, the tool you will require can be sourced from a hobby shop. it does not need to look exactly like what I display below, however, the blade must resemble a scalpel as closely as possible. as a car model builder (hobbyist) that I used to be, (trains too! :rofl ) this tool allowed me to do ANYTHING with precision :)

my recommendation is outlined in pink below :)

hobbyknife_zps351ce09a.jpg

let me know.

Jet's hole in his wen would be our forehead. It's not on top of his head. I'm thinking that tool can be found at a craft store called Michael's here or Joann's. Thanks for info.

Just want to tell you I'm rooting for you guys! The entire team :)

You are so brave and kind to be doig this for Jet, i get so nervous/excited/anxious just watching Helen's surgeries so I can only imagine what you must feel.. BUT i know you have great support behind you and the best guidance you could ask for. Love this place :grouphug: wishing you the best of luck!

• Supporter

Thanks for talking Helen. I feel better about this. And,it was very nice meeting you. I'll let you know when I get all the stuff tomorrow.

it was lovely talking to you too! and just to let the koko community know, I believe Cheryl has the confidence needed to pull this off :)

Cheryl, I think it be good to also have a nice, sharp, sterilized cuticle scissors available also.. ie, a small pair of scissors with a pointy tip :)

Just want to tell you I'm rooting for you guys! The entire team :)

You are so brave and kind to be doig this for Jet, i get so nervous/excited/anxious just watching Helen's surgeries so I can only imagine what you must feel.. BUT i know you have great support behind you and the best guidance you could ask for. Love this place :grouphug: wishing you the best of luck!

Thank you for the "roots" :) I appreciate it so much. I would not be able to do this if Helen wasn't going to be with me like she is via Skype tomorrow. :heart I love this place also.

Thanks for talking Helen. I feel better about this. And,it was very nice meeting you. I'll let you know when I get all the stuff tomorrow.

it was lovely talking to you too! and just to let the koko community know, I believe Cheryl has the confidence needed to pull this off :)

Cheryl, I think it be good to also have a nice, sharp, sterilized cuticle scissors available also.. ie, a small pair of scissors with a pointy tip :)

I will pick up a pair of cuticle scissors. I might have a pair but I put it on my list. Thank you for the confidence. I feel better after talking with you and I think I will be able to do this with your guidance. Just remember I told you that I might have the feeling to want to cry at the beginning. I think it will be that very first cut while holding Jet. Just give me an idea of about what time Helen. I'm going to have my stuff laid out on the table after all tonight before going to bed. I'll cover it up with another pad or put a big Tupperware lid on top of everything. I will sterilize the older stuff ...tweezers, syringe, ect. I would say I could be ready to do this anytime after 8:30am. It will give me time to be back home from taking Taylor to school and finishing up any loose ends.

For whoever is reading this....If you pray.....Pray for my little Jet to wake up tomorrow morning after this is over and to be well again. I'm more worried about the clove oil I think. But I have 100% faith in Helen. I'm worried about me.

Thank you again Alex, Jeff, and Helen for the discussions on Jet and to come up with group plan. :bighug

Best of luck to both of you! Jet is in excellent hands. You can do it Cheryl. :hug

Thank you so much. I really do appreciate it.

Hugs To You also and everyone. :)

Edited by 4prettyfish

• Supporter

I will pick up a pair of cuticle scissors. I might have a pair but I put it on my list. Thank you for the confidence. I feel better after talking with you and I think I will be able to do this with your guidance. Just remember I told you that I might have the feeling to want to cry at the beginning. I think it will be that very first cut while holding Jet. Just give me an idea of about what time Helen. I'm going to have my stuff laid out on the table after all tonight before going to bed. I'll cover it up with another pad or put a big Tupperware lid on top of everything. I will sterilize the older stuff ...tweezers, syringe, ect. I would say I could be ready to do this anytime after 8:30am. It will give me time to be back home from taking Taylor to school and finishing up any loose ends.

For whoever is reading this....If you pray.....Pray for my little Jet to wake up tomorrow morning after this is over and to be well again. I'm more worried about the clove oil I think. But I have 100% faith in Helen. I'm worried about me.

Thank you again Alex, Jeff, and Helen for the discussions on Jet and to come up with group plan. :bighug

hun, I read that 9am Monday morning your time, is 2am Tuesday morning my time. I say we're good to go, are you ok with that?

Good luck! You will do awesome I'm sure. I will be thinking of you and jet. He definitely holds a special place in my heart and I hope he'll recover quickly for you :heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Supporter

Good luck! You will do awesome I'm sure. I will be thinking of you and jet. He definitely holds a special place in my heart and I hope he'll recover quickly for you :heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much. I really do appreciate it a lot.

hun, I read that 9am Monday morning your time, is 2am Tuesday morning my time. I say we're good to go, are you ok with that?

That's great for me Helen but are you sure about your time? I know you told me you stay up even later/earlier then that. I don't know how you do it. :)

9am my time I'll be ready. I'll Skype you then or you me. Either way everything will be ready.

I was thinking on the line of the second pair of scissors. I'll find either one though at the craft store I'm going to OR Walmart.

I'd leave now but decided to do a 100% WC instead on qt tank. A lot of poops I saw.

I'm thinking of not feeding him anymore or should I try to do another wc tomorrow morning or at least this evening?

I cked his wen again under led lights now that I understand what you were talking about. :) I didn't see anything dark or nothing around where the hole is or anything for that matter. I looked twice. The first time Jet slipped out of my hands and fell onto my lap. The poor fish.:( I saw all the light color of the iridescent wen but nothing dark in the wen. It could have been that I was trying to do this fast but efficient.

I looked into his mouth again and to me he looks fine. Color was a light, light, off white, beige, color. No redness or any ulcer seen on side of inside of mouth.

Need to add med. in tank.

• Supporter

yes, that's fine by me.. already 4am here now and i'm about to turn in :)

second pair is fine.

feeding? just give him half a pea for now, half a pea for dinner and nothing more until he's finished with the procedure. we'll discuss it then :)

remember, rest, stay calm, role play getting from sedating tub to work bench and then to the recovery tank. make sure that ALL tools are easy to access in front of you and that the table is not cluttered. it will help you think straight. the rest we can discuss on Skype. we won't begin immediately and I will run through a few things with you whilst you're preparing the sedating tub. all will be well :)

have a nice day, g'night from me :bighug

Here is a video of my work area for Jet's procedure with all the tools/supplies needed that was requested by Helen. Please, let me have everything. I went over it several times. The one thing I thought of was; How do we measure the drops of Clover Oil? Is the cap a dropper? I didn't open it up as of yet. Do I need something?

http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/4prettyfish/media/9-8-13Jetssurgerytablesetup002_zps22866158.mp4.html

Helen: Reality is setting in now. The items that needed sterilized have been. I actually have all the small items in that big Tupperware item for the night. Wouldn't want my dog to try to jump up on the table to see what is there. (that would be very bad dog) I had tucked in all the chairs and had to take out the one on the left side. I'm not trusting Muffin.

• Supporter

you are such a sweet lady Cheryl :heart I am so happy we spoke last night :bighug

we will do again very soon and before we begin, I will PM you some suggestions. if you have time right now, we can actually discuss these suggestions by Skype. the suggestions I have might make matters a little more comfortable for you where it concerns transportation of Jet :) so if you would like, you can call me now, otherwise I'll talk to you in the morning.

Good luck! I will check in tomorrow to see how it is going. :bighug you can do it Cheryl! :heart

Helen, it is so awesome of you to walk her through this via Skype!! :heart gotta love computers, huh? :rofl2