A hole in Jet's wen

4prettyfish

Thank you so much Alex, Helen, and Jeff.

My flash light wasn't all that great even though it has several led lights. I can search for more batteries.

With that said, I couldn't see anything in re: to the wen. I pulled the fish out and had him on my lap in some water. I had him under the tank lights and couldn't really see anything. So sorry.

The gill looked red/pink. I don't know if that's good or bad.

I didn't even think of looking in his mouth. Do you want me to still?

Thank you so much. I sooo appreciate it. He's such a good fish. Didn't mind me handling him at all.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hun, if surgery is what is required, I can be right by your side, guiding you through all this via Skype channel, if you would like my support. you'll never be alone through this :heart

we can do a great deal of talking through things before hand and I can help you prepare as well as stay with you through the whole procedure (following Jeff & Alex's instructions) and then some :)

I would really appreciate your help Helen. I've seen your surgeries and they are remarkable. It would be awesome to get help from you, Alex, and Jeff if I need it.

I didn't know if you two were waiting for me.....for something. I couldn't find more batteries. I need three and found only two.
It's getting late and I don't know what time it is there for you. I think I need to call it a night for now. I will ck tomorrow morning probably around 8:30 or so to see if I need to do something or grab some stuff for Jet.
When I put him back into the tank he was swimming around. Remember Alex how I was saying that he swims elegantly, gliding like? My others oh my gosh they swim so darn fast. I don't know behavior of bigger fish if they are different. He must be, what, two years old by his big size. ???

Okay, if no post in a few min. I'm going to sleep. Good night Alex and Helen. Thank you. If I need anything let me know. I can pick up tomorrow if I have to OR if it can wait until Friday.....that might be best.

I have lots of salt,
lots of Epsom salt
practically full bottle of 4oz prazi
and new bottle of ADDED: bifuran

Thank you

I need to take Taylor to school that's why I'll ck back around that time.

Edited by 4prettyfish

So sorry this has happened to you Cheryl. I'd feel exactly the same way as you about doing a wen surgery (if that is in fact what is decided), really scared! Its so nice Helen has offered to skype with you on this, what a great bunch of people. Just want to wish you my best whatever happens. :flowers

Oh Cheryl! I'm very sorry to hear about Jet's wen hole :( I'm sure everything will be okey. You're in great hands :hug

Edited by Flipper

MRC, Yaf, Mikey, Shellbell, Chelsea, Cindi, Wow! Thank you all for your support. You don't know how much I appreciate it. :hug A LOT.

Ftf1: He looks the same to me in the wen. I don't know if it's just my imagination or if it might be in teeny bit bigger in the hole. It does look deep. I don't see an end because it's dark in hole.

He's Very active this morning. I'm going to be posting a video of his eating behavior in a moment.

Jet actually was eating more of "normal" eat/chew to me for the first time since I've put him in this tank last Friday.

Thank you also Flipper. Much appreciated.

Edited by 4prettyfish

His eating behavior looked soooo much better this morning. First time ever I believe. He usually grabs food, floats around while his mouth is extremely wide opening and closing. Like a chop, chop. So I am happy with this video. There is a tiny bit of this behavior toward the end of video but it's nothing like what I am trying to explain.

He looks like a normal fish this morning as in acting good. In this video he was swimming fast like the others acting like this is going to be the last food ever.

http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/4prettyfish/media/9-5-13Jeteating001_zps4f07117d.mp4.html

The bigger fish do seem to swim a lot less or differently I have also noticed this. I am going to attach a video of my old tank for you the picture is not so good but I had several huge orandas and the biggest one seemed to stay towards the top. I saw a really big one at the pet store who pretty much stayed in one place and I work with a lady who has one oranda in a 55 gal tank all by itself and she said hers sits on the bottom of the tank alot and she worries about its quality of life. I kind of believe that goldfish that big should be in ponds Im not sure if your guy is that big yet though. I'm just trying to make you feel a little better.

I was in two pet stores last week and didn't see it. That's when I purchased the bifuran. I can call around as soon as I give you my address. Thank you so much. Let me know how much it is and you can give me your address and I'll mail you a check. Thanks Alex.

I posted that before I watched the video. He is such a beautiful fish hopefully it was just taking him a bit to get used to his new tank and tank mates.

Alex, I sent you my address. Should I order the Kanaplex or call around. I have some local Petsmarts and petco's that I can call.

Sherry: Thank you so much. I haven't seen the video yet but will. :)

Actually I just thought of something. The fish store I was in last week when I purchased that other stuff said they use that Kanaplex on their fish and they get that stuff in big bottles. It's not for sale to the public. I'm going to call them when they open up at noon. I know, they open from 12 to 6. A big salt water fish store with a few goldfish and tanks. He might sell some for me. I'll call around still at other stores.

Nothing. I called three town stores here they don't carry Kanaplex.

I called Petco's and Petsmarts in two different towns and they don't carry.

I think my best bet is the place where I bought my tank. They open at noon.

I'm going to get on internet because I know of another fish store several towns away but don't know the name. It's been years since I've been to that store.

Thanks Mikey. but I might be able to get some at the place I was at last week. They carry it for their fish but not the public. I'm going to call them at noon.

I'll keep you in mind then if that's okay. :hug

Okay, I cked out the internet to see about that place I went to years ago. It's closed since the end of last year perhaps.

But I did find another number and place a couple towns away. The phone worked but they open at noon also. What's with these people opening up at noon! ha

I should have luck with one of these two locations. I'll let you guys know if I go get some. (fingers crossed)

Sherry: Thanks for the video. I just now looked at it. It's beautiful. Your fish are gliding through the water like what mine does. My other two can't swim fast enough to get to one area/point of the tank. ha I hope your friend with the one big fish isn't sick. She should really get more opinions. bottom sitting all the time isn't normal. Does she know her param? Hopefully she's up on her wc's.

You did make me feel a little better. The music was beautiful also.

Jet is at least 4 inches to 4 1/2 inches body. At least 6 1/2 inches in total length including tail. I'm just so attached to him already. From the day I saw him at the pet store and leaving him behind to only going back about 4 days later to purchase him. Maybe it was meant to be for me to buy him and get him healed hopefully with the help of others such as Helen, Alex, Jeff, and the support of all of you. I want him to be okay.

Okay, one hour until noon.