Telescope eyed Comet/Common

LabRat99

I found this guy in the local PetSmart today. Or rather somebody at PetSmart found him for me - apparently he came out of the feeder tank. I was checking out the Goldfish and happened to glance down below at a tank full of plants. There was one goldfish swimming around in the tank and he was a single-tail with telescope eyes! I've never seen one of those before. After a minute or so, one of the employees came over and asked if I needed any help. I asked her why that little guy was in a tank all by himself. She said that he was not like any of the goldfish they sell so they put him in the plant tank because they didn't know what else to do with him. I quickly said that I'd take him. So, she got on the phone and called the manager to see if it was okay to sell him. All the while, I was thinking I'd pay any reasonable price for him. When she got off the phone she told me "my manager says that you can have him for twenty-nine cents". I said "I'll take him" while I was really thinking "awesome"! So, here he is...

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

Thanks for all the nice comments. I've never heard of a "willow" goldfish before. I think you guys just gave him his name! Meet "Willie". Now I've got a normal eyed moor and a telescope eyed comet! That seems kind of ironic to me, LOL.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the nice comments. I've never heard of a "willow" goldfish before. I think you guys just gave him his name! Meet "Willie". Now I've got a normal eyed moor and a telescope eyed comet! That seems kind of ironic to me, LOL.

I just laughed so hard, because a few months ago I found my latest addition to my group - a yellow and white willow in Walmart's feeder tank. And yes, I also named mine Willie :rofl

Welcome to the club! He is a cutie! I am not too sure about the deep body making him a fancy bodied fish. To me, he looks like he is well fed, looking like my single tails when they had a few bigger meals :)

Keep us updated on the little guy! :)