Bubble Eye & Butterfly Update

It's been six months now since I acquired Hula (bubble eye) and Astro (calico butterfly), and they're growing like weeds. I adore them both, particularly Hula. His googly, wobbly swimming is a constant crack-up, and his bubbles have grown ridiculously large. I've never kept a bubble eye before, and once I got over the constant paranoia that his bubbles were going to pop and deflate, he's been nothing but enjoyment. I have to confess, I've developed a tremendous soft spot for bubble eyes now. In fact, I think that my future goldfish tanks will have to include at least one of these guys, and I'd even like to do an all-bubble eye aquarium at some point!

Here's Hula, being all bubbly:

hulaxtremecloseup_zps167af73c.jpg

Astro's turn at a closeup:

astrocloseup_zps3cd42521.jpg

The googly bubble eye swimming style:

hulaswim_zpsccc3b36a.jpg

I like this one because it shows Astro's coloring well. He's a mostly-blue calico, but his orange spots on his right side are vivid and bright. You can also see his stripey butterfly tail here.

astrotop_zps8f538f69.jpg

I call this "Derp and Derpier":

astrohulapair_zpse7c5b835.jpg

I don't think I'll ever be without a bubble eye again -- they really do rock.

Edited by RanchuDressing

Aww yay an update!! They are looking so good!! I love the bubbles!! And the coloring on the butterfly! :D Beautiful fishies!

Wonderful photos :) Thanks for sharing!

Your bubble eye reminds me of a Bassett hound Lol. And your tele has great marking! :heart

• 3 weeks later...