What filter and equipment you have in your tank?

kadyooo

My 55g have a 48" aqueon led light hood, two aquaclear110 filter, a sponge filter and a uv sterilizer, i am wondering what equipment do you guys have in you tank?

Also I am setting up a 135g tank, bought a fluval fx6 filter, is it enough filteration for my tank? Do i need to add another filter? What do you have if you also running a 135g?:)

Thank you to whoever replies

I'm keeping mine rather basic.

55g with two Whisper EX70, hooked to part of a Whisper 300 air pump. The basic 24" fluorescent bulbs (two of them) and a 23watt CFL lamp on top to illuminate the mangroves.

The other 55g runs with a Whisper EX45, a Penguin 300, hooked up to the same air pump, double 48" fluorescent shop light.

55g: AC110, 70, Eheim Ecco Pro 80

Dont know what the lights are called.. came with the tank.. Marineland day/night LEDs

AIr pump (I think the smallest Topfin that I had gotten for my 20g, but it works so far!)

Thats it for now :)

Hi there!

I have two Aqueon 55's and a Marineland double led, aqueon pro heater thats it.

In regards to your question on water filtration, aim for 10x water turn over so in a 135g tank, 1,350g per hour. Wow, thats a big tank!

You can go less with the cannister filters, more like 5 to 7x gph.

Put up pics for us to see :)

Edited by CindiL

My 55 runs on an API Filstar XP-L Canister and a Top Fin 4000 Air Pump. I also have a 48" Fluorescent shop light on my tank.

To run 135g for goldfish, you'll need 10x gph turnover rate. This means 1350gph of filtration if you're running strictly HOB filters. You could get away with 7x filtration if you run canisters, so 945gph or so. I think you have that covered. :) If you want to run bubbles, get an adjustable 'deep water' air pump. I think Tetra makes them too. That will ensure you're going to have strong bubbles. As for lighting, go with what you can afford. 135g is a lot of space. :) Just light it as you'd like depending on if you're getting plants or not!

On my 77g corner tank, I have Fluval 405 and 206 canister filters, an air pump and the lights that came with the tank (four T5s -- two large and two small). My tank was sold as a complete kit, but I added the smaller canister.

Edited by ShawneeRiver

My 55 has 2 Aquaeon 55/75 Filter's and Marineland Light's and Petco Bubble Bar. My 2 30 gallon's have Penguin 350 Filter's and All Glass Bulb's and Eheim adjustable Air Stone. I use Tetra Whisperer Air Pump's.

I have a 110 g tank with a FX5, two small whisper air pumps, an aqueon heater (it's not on though), and two 24" Aqueon floralmax bulbs. :)

Hi there!

In regards to your question on water filtration, aim for 10x water turn over so in a 135g tank, 1,350g per hour. Wow, thats a big tank!

I haven't set up yet, struggling how to clean this big tank before putting anything in, the tank is currently filled water,will do a water change tomorrow, I am looking somewhere in the forum about how to sterilize new tank , do you have any ideas? :)

I have two AC 110's, a tetra whisper 150 (deep water air pump), and an odyssea t5ho lighting system. All of this is for my planted forty gallon breeder tank. :)

I love the ac110 too, very easy to clean.

My 55 runs on an API Filstar XP-L Canister and a Top Fin 4000 Air Pump. I also have a 48" Fluorescent shop light on my tank.

To run 135g for goldfish, you'll need 10x gph turnover rate. This means 1350gph of filtration if you're running strictly HOB filters. You could get away with 7x filtration if you run canisters, so 945gph or so. I think you have that covered. :) If you want to run bubbles, get an adjustable 'deep water' air pump. I think Tetra makes them too. That will ensure you're going to have strong bubbles. As for lighting, go with what you can afford. 135g is a lot of space. :) Just light it as you'd like depending on if you're getting plants or not!

Thanks for the ideas, how many bubbles you have running in your tank?

I have a 110 g tank with a FX5, two small whisper air pumps, an aqueon heater (it's not on though), and two 24" Aqueon floralmax bulbs. :)

Seems like we have the closest tank size and filter, How is the fx5 working? How frequent you do water change and clean the filter? :)

Thanks for the ideas, how many bubbles you have running in your tank?

I have one air stone right now for surface agitation. The type and if you run it at all are your preference as they aren't 100% required, but I do appreciate having the air for when I need to set up a quarantine tank or the time when I had trouble with my filter once and needed to save my cycle.

Hi there!

I haven't set up yet, struggling how to clean this big tank before putting anything in, the tank is currently filled water,will do a water change tomorrow, I am looking somewhere in the forum about how to sterilize new tank , do you have any ideas? :)

Bleach

I thought we had a pinned article on this but I can't locate it now. Using a somewhere around 10% bleach to water ration in the new tank should kill any lingering nasties in the tank :)

Rinse, rinse, rinse, fill-up add prime, drain, fill-up add prime. Should be good to go when there is no smell of bleach.

Seems like we have the closest tank size and filter, How is the fx5 working? How frequent you do water change and clean the filter? :)

It does seem like it :) Well I have five fish in there ranging from 3 1/2 or 4 inches to 1 or 1 1/2 inches without tail(I'm really bad at guesstimating though....). My biggest is 90 grams and the little one is only 11 grams :P I'm about to get two Ranchus that I won in the raffle and who will arrive sometime next week :)

My maintenance consists of 75-90% WCs depending on the Nitrate levels. I'm guessing when the two new ones join I'll always do 90%.

I LOVE my FX5 although I think the current is too strong sometimes and I would like to dampen it at some point (especially before I add the ranchus to the main tank). But the fish I have don't have much problem swimming around but it's obvious they prefer to be away from the output. For my filter maintenance I rinse all my media every month in declorinated tap water that matches the tank temperature. I could easily get away with only doing maintenance every month and a half or 2 months but I stick with every month :)

Hi there!

Bleach

I thought we had a pinned article on this but I can't locate it now. Using a somewhere around 10% bleach to water ration in the new tank should kill any lingering nasties in the tank :)

Rinse, rinse, rinse, fill-up add prime, drain, fill-up add prime. Should be good to go when there is no smell of bleach.

Added some bleach today and done three round of water change so far, it took me few hours to have it done, since its 135g water, my boy friend was complain about wasting too much water...not environmental ...blah blah....-.-" so he took over the job and connect the other side of water changer to water the garden outside...haha and he is very proud of himself now.

It does seem like it :) Well I have five fish in there ranging from 3 1/2 or 4 inches to 1 or 1 1/2 inches without tail(I'm really bad at guesstimating though....). My biggest is 90 grams and the little one is only 11 grams :P I'm about to get two Ranchus that I won in the raffle and who will arrive sometime next week :)

My maintenance consists of 75-90% WCs depending on the Nitrate levels. I'm guessing when the two new ones join I'll always do 90%.

I LOVE my FX5 although I think the current is too strong sometimes and I would like to dampen it at some point (especially before I add the ranchus to the main tank). But the fish I have don't have much problem swimming around but it's obvious they prefer to be away from the output. For my filter maintenance I rinse all my media every month in declorinated tap water that matches the tank temperature. I could easily get away with only doing maintenance every month and a half or 2 months but I stick with every month :)

Wow, how lucky you are, what kind of raffle it is?

I haven't install my fx6 yet, just done cleaning the new 135g today, i am not sure will my Goldies adopt to it, but they are mostly more than 7 inches ( oranda) , should be better to handle strong current. I will post a pic once I have everything completed. :)

Wow, how lucky you are, what kind of raffle it is?

I haven't install my fx6 yet, just done cleaning the new 135g today, i am not sure will my Goldies adopt to it, but they are mostly more than 7 inches ( oranda) , should be better to handle strong current. I will post a pic once I have everything completed. :)

It was the ranchu raffle on here held by Koko and Cynthia from East Coast Ranchu. :)

Wow big fishy! Is that with fins??

What I found was they were struggling slightly (only slightly they stayed to one side of the tank and still kinda prefer that side) when I first installed the FX5. I observed for a week and was starting to think about dampening it. But as a week or so turned to a month they all seemed to gain some swimming muscles and they use the whole tank now :) I think your fish will be fine :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 90 gal. I run an Eheim 2217 canister, plus a Marineland Penguin 350 and an Aquaclear 110 (the AC is a brand new addition after the other Penguin bit the big one). I just have regular old standard lights. :-)