Sign in to follow this  
Pearlscaleperfect

Ranchu galore!

Well it's about time I made this post! I went to cynthia's a little while back and picked up a few more babies to add to my family. For all you subbies, these will be old pictures, but I'll add some new ones tomorrow or the following day :rofl

First I'll show you some of the photos from ECR! Cynthia was very kind and let me take pictures although this is only a small fraction of the ones I have yet to go through.

qoeq.jpg

Outdoor tubs!

6kod.jpg

c1b5.jpg

qzj9.jpg

Her indoor set up! So many tanks and fish, and a ridiculous amount of water!

I went there to pick up a ranchu Cynthia and I have affectionately named Stabby. He was in the first raffle here at Koko's and after I didn't win I sent an message over to her on facebook stating I'd like to purchase him. I was just so enamored with him. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to own such a lovely fish. When I got there we fished (haha pun) him out and put him in a colander for safekeeping. Then Cynthia started showing me some of her black ranchu holdbacks, and man, I just couldn't resist! I thought I'd make the trip worth it and also chose a lovely TVR to take home as well.

f1x4.jpg

Here we have Stabby, Harumi, and Tardigrade. My bf insisted the black one be named tarigrade, because to him he looks like a water bear.

syf5.jpg

I didn't get many great shots of them yet but these were after a night of QT on their way out to the pond. Typically I would carry them in something smaller but Harumi is a whopping 125g and this is all I had to hold her! Stabby is 28g and Tardi is 36.

4wkm.jpg

There's a lot of glare in these pictures because I was outside and Harumi kept slashing me because she wanted out of the tiny glass box. :rofl

gx7z.jpg

My camera cannot for the life of itself autofocus on Tardi because he is so dark. So bright sunlight was the only unfortunate option. She (most likely) is very very cute and is super tame at mealtime.

vswg.jpg

Stabby being his lovely fantastic self.He's so cheeky and wen-tastic. I just can't get over his cute red marking, and since going into the pond he's gotten redder, and so has the mark!

rv0z.jpg

eflr.jpg

Last but not least Harumi. Harumi was spawned in early April of 2012 and I'm around 98% sure she is a female. She isn't show quality, but she is really stunning regardless. She is so cheeky and rectangular, her funtan is really what made me fall for her. I also really love her red fins against the white body. She is also the biggest fish I've ever owned, as Roosevelt only made it to 90g before passing.

Hopefully I will have many fantastic summers with these guys! I'll take some more pictures tomorrow because now they've become accustomed to me and the pond.

Hot digity! Those chus are magnificent :wub: Thanks for all the photos! Looking forward to more :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

aaww hun, your new fish are so darling :heart :heart

and OMG!! that ECR set up is just so amazing! nice to see where our fish come from.. Cynthia looks like she's got it all planned out well :)

So amazing! Thanks for sharing these with us!!

I am so jealous!

I would love a setup like Cynthia's...but you know...without all that work :rofl

That was cool. I love field trips, thanks for sharing and congrats on the beautiful fish. :) Stabby has the coolest coloring ever.

You should do a review with those photos hun :) Great job

Lol, Harumi looks like a giant next to Stabby and Tardigrade :P

The're all super gorgeous ;) Congrats!

SO awesome to see Cynthia's setup! And I've always dreamed of going to a breeder and hand-picking fish like that. You're a lucky girl!

Beautiful fish. :wub:

And Cynthia's setup is amazing!!

Beautiful!

I'm glad Cynthia gave permission for you to share her facility with us. It's amazing! :)

Your fish you picked out are gorgeous. I've never bought a fish from Cynthia but I sure did enjoy seeing your photo's of her business. That is really neat. If you have more photo's I hope you show us more. That must have been a special trip for you. :)

I Wish i had the opportunity of visiting such a magical place :madrant So lucky you got some terrific fish

I am a subbie and I somehow misses this??????!!!!!! :rofl :rofl I have been really bad at keeping up lately!

I am SO HAPPY you got Stabby!!!!! That was my FAVORITE from the ranchu raffle... Now I get to see pictures of him all the time :heart :heart

And wow.... her setup is amazing... thanks for the pictures!

Also, Harumi is a GIANT!!!!!! Oh my gosh!

Look at those chus! :clapping:

Now where are those extra pics you promised? :idont

:rofl3

Cynthia's setup and Golfish are AMAZING!!!!!!!