Bought as a blue oranda

goldiegeek

Hi Guys,

I bought my guy "Bloo" about three months ago. He was in a tank marked "Blue Orandas". I picked him because his head was so cute. He is silver, the iphone did not do his colour justice. He looks like a submarine or missile. First, I noticed the slight tuck of his tail fin. Then I started wondering if his head belongs to another type…or maybe he is a weird looking oranda. I have six orandas and none look remotely like him…what the heck is he?

Bloo_3.jpg

Bloo_4.jpg

Bloo_5.jpg

Bloo_1.jpg

I believe Blue Oranda's have more of grey colors to them with other colors as well. I just can't tell if your fish has grey or browns inhim. He is adorable and cute as can be. My favorite Oranda right now is the Blue Oranda's. :)

Bloo definitely has no brown in him. I had my husband holding an incandescent light right over the tank haha. He is totally silver. Thanks for the great responses! I was very curious to see what you all thought:) It's funny, I am always attracted to the "odder" balls...

That's neat that at your fish store you had a tank marked with Blue Oranda's. I don't see many around at my local pet stores. About a year ago I saw a cute little fish and wanted to get it but my daughter didn't like it because she thought it was brown like poop (:)) . I should have purchased it because now I know it probably was a Chocolate Oranda.

I'm still learning but I believe Blue Oranda's have different colors of greys, be it darker or lighter in the face, cheeks, wen, tail, and fins. :) Keep us updated on your fish. I'd love to see him/her grow. :)