Rupert's almost dead, being eaten, need humane death

jesswyn

Ok I'm overseas my husband is looking after my fish he said suddenly Rupert's taken a turn for the worst he was totally fine a couple days ago said he kept to himself but now he's upside down barely breathing and if he's not pokeing Bunkin away the Bunkin is eating him alive they tried to get clove oil at the store it doesn't exist as far as they know we have no where to put Rupert as the quantine tank is housing some tenporaries who have who knows what diseases but Cody didn't cross contaminate we don't know what to do he's suffering I don't understand why this happend

A video is being processed of him currently I have no specs on the water as Im not there to test it myself but everytime Cody turns around he's getting eatin I don't have much hope for recovery :"(.

I have to go out but ill give cody my password he might make posts on my behalf our poor Rupert :(

If your fish is so sick that it is being eaten I would suggest separating it from the other fish immediately, if not sooner. Anything will be better than current conditions. A glass bowl or plastic tub even.

It seems you are prepared to put the fish out of its misery rather than treating?

Edited by DieselPlower

We are organizing an ice cream tub to out him in we tried the local superstore for clove oil we could treat him if possible but he looks real bad ill mention he has had issues with tumours growing on him they come and go frequently could a Tumor have grown inside him? He won't eat or poop

• Supporter

yes, it is possible that one or several tumors can grow inside him, but his size doesn't indicate that this could be the case. normally they swell so bad and no usual method to relieve bloating, works.

I too would be removing him right now. once he's removed, I would try to feed him half a pea with 2 Epsom granules in it. if he insists on not eating, then he's already on his way to dying and will most likely die before any mail order of clove oil arrives (given that it's weekend).

here, as others have said, we get clove oil from the Chemist. not sure from where in Canada :(

I'm sorry hun, I can only imagine how difficult it is for you, being so far away :(

I'm so sorry... you and your fish are in my thoughts....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rupert died, we couldn't convince him to eat anything but thanks for the suggestion Helen. Gosh this sucks. Thanks everyone :(

:hug He's in the pond in the sky now. You did all you could :)