Cyst or bacterial infection?

KrystalPR

start feeding the metro food now. Don't feed anything else besides the metro gel food and keep up with the epsom.

Keep us updated if anything changes (for the better or worse). I'll keep my fingers crossed that the MMs arrive soon!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Tithra... Already ate his first dose... He goes crazy over his repashy... :)

Next feeding will be tomorrow - lets see how he's doing in the morning... W/C due tomorrow - will update with pics

Edited by KrystalPR

Thanks Tithra... Already ate his first dose... He goes crazy over his repashy... :)

Next feeding will be tomorrow - lets see how he's doing in the morning... How often should I add epsom salt? W/C due tomorrow

Just keep it at the 1/4 teaspoon consistently. So when you do your water changes add back in the amount of epsom you took out with the water changes (again with the math :P so, for example, if you do a 50% water change, add back in 1/8 tsp to the tank)

We will treat with the epsom for a max of 8 days.

Hi everyone! Today's update: the redness has diminished a lot - still there but not as intense as the other night... Clarence is a fighter - he's eating all of his gel food and moving around a lot more - within his current movement capabilities that is...

No MM yet - crossing my fingers so maybe when I get home from work they're here.

Posted Image

Yay! MM arrived :)

Clarence already ate up his first dose - he'll be getting 29 pellets daily... He ate 10 of those tonight already!

Pineconing is still there - I've seen no difference with the epsom salt in... :(

Here are some more pics and a video of him eating his last pellets (he was almost full when I decided to take a video) and swimming.Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by KrystalPR

Hi everyone! Clarence is starting to look a lot better now :) the lump on his right side has shrinked some and he is now swimming normally! The pineconing is still there but less marked than a couple of nights ago...

Here's a video of him today:

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to update you on Clarence's progress - things are going great! He's swimming normally again and looks a whole lot better :) He's still a little pineconed but a little less everyday. I'm doing 100% w/c every other day. He's been on MM for 4 days now - will finish the 14 day cycle...

Posted Image

Oh No! Now another one of my babies is sick! This time it's Goldy my oranda (he had a previous near death illness a year ago and the presentation is very similar to today's). He's pineconing a bit and was laying sideways on the tank's bottom.

I can't do it until the weekend but I decided to do a full tank cleaning (filter medias and rinsing all of the tank's sand). I do 75-100% w/c weekly - but its been a while since I've done a full on substrate cleaning (other than surface vacuuming). Checked levels and all was ok: ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 0-10. I'm starting to worry I've got something bad in my main tank...

Anyways I can't setup a second qt tank until tomorrow so I put him in with Clarence after weighing him in at 64g. Tried feeding MM but he kept spitting them out - probably only ate like 4 pellets out of the 10 I gave him :(

Will setup second QT tomorrow and probably will have to syringe feed him if he doesn't want to eat :( he takes the pellets but spits them out after a few seconds...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here he is floating around the qt tank :(

PS Clarence is great - shedding some of his scales were the big lump was, but looking great otherwise.

Edited by KrystalPR

I'm sorry, Krystal! We are rooting for both of them!

A good filter rinsing is very good idea. Do you use carbon by any chance?

No I don't... :(

I think I should get new hoses for the canister, just noticed there seems to be some kind of sludge looking thing growing on them!

I'm sorry, Krystal! We are rooting for both of them!

A good filter rinsing is very good idea. Do you use carbon by any chance?

No I don't... :(

I think I should get new hoses for the canister, just noticed there seems to be some kind of sludge looking thing growing on them!

You can pick up some flexible foxtail brushes, to clean out your hoses. :)

I actually use my old trombone cleaner, because it's kind of the same thing, though it's not quite as flexible as my actual fish tank brushes are.

I'm so sorry Krystal :(

Try to get as many pellets into your oranda as you can right now. If he is truly not eating any of them you can get a small medicine syringe from your local pharmacy, mush some mms up with a little water, and try to syringe feed him and get them in that way.

Helen has a great video on syringe feeding but I'm on my phone right now, someone else may be able to link it for you later if you feel you need to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk