Butterfly Telescope Fry!

bubbles22

I would love to see more photos of this one :teehee

I just got back from a week long vacation and quite a few of them changed colors! I didn't unpack the dslr so I used a point and shoot :) The fry I posted last turned into a temporary panda :D

ccIyKCu.jpg

qBSLKuj.jpg

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see more photos of this one :teehee

?

I just got back from a week long vacation and quite a few of them changed colors! I didn't unpack the dslr so I used a point and shoot :) The fry I posted last turned into a temporary panda :D

?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I just love the long-bodied butterflies! :heart

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You probably get asked this a lot, but what camera\lens do you use? Your photos and fish are breath taking! I wish I could take a little bugger off your hands. :P

Thank you, and it's okay, I don't mind answering haha ;) All these pictures were taken with the Canon T1i & kit lens.

That's not even fair. :wa I have a newer model DSLR and you take better photos than me. :o Do you edit the photos at all?

You probably get asked this a lot, but what camera\lens do you use? Your photos and fish are breath taking! I wish I could take a little bugger off your hands. :P

Thank you, and it's okay, I don't mind answering haha ;) All these pictures were taken with the Canon T1i & kit lens.

That's not even fair. :wa I have a newer model DSLR and you take better photos than me. :o Do you edit the photos at all?

I edit in iphoto on my macbook :) I bump up the contrast a teensy bit, remove a bit of shadow if there's too much, then add a bit of blue hue to add an aquatic "feel" to the pictures and enhance the whites.

It took me ten months of practice to get where I'm at :3

They're looking good

Awww they are looking so great :)

Thanks :) It's much more fun looking at a tank full of colored fish versus before when they were all fry coloring :P

I took some more pictures today:

SxexlMu.jpg

I still want that vail tail :thud.

I think quite a few people must covet that fish. I know I do! :P (S)he's lovely :)

But still, they are all absolutely beautiful! Those little orange and white ones are cuties :)

I still want that vail tail :thud.

I think quite a few people must covet that fish. I know I do! :P (S)he's lovely :)

But still, they are all absolutely beautiful! Those little orange and white ones are cuties :)

Thank you :) Yeah, its tail is very eye-catching

They're looking good

?

?

Awww they are looking so great :)

?

Thanks :) It's much more fun looking at a tank full of colored fish versus before when they were all fry coloring :P

I took some more pictures today:

Posted Image

I'm still loving the second one on the bottom :heart

• 2 weeks later...

Such cuties! They make a nice pair.

Thank you! :)

hi bubbles, they are looking great. I think that breeding and raising them from egg is the most enjoyable part of this rewarding hobby.

Well Done!

Thank you! :) I have to agree. It's been an incredible journey from tiny little egg to an actual fish haha. And the colors! It's always a surprise to see how they turn out.

They are gorgeous :D

Thank you :D

Is the one on the right a Willow? :)

Not quite but he/she does kinda look like one! It has a double tail so it's just a telescope goldfish :)
Oh, okay :) I couldn't tell if s/he had a double tail from the picture.

• 2 months later...