Meet Mufasa :)

Sunshine

Last night I bought this adorable little fella from Petco. My friend pointed out that he looks like he has a large lion's mane, hence his name, Mufasa! He looks a little bit bloated, so I'm treating it as constipation for now and seeing how that goes.

He is in a 2.5 gallon for now, and I have a heater to add later. The one positive thing about living in 125 degree summer weather is that room temp. water stays between 78-79 degrees! :teehee

I love him, so I just had to share. :happydance

IMG_6302_zps4ce234c3.jpgIMG_6310_zpsfe3c9f65.jpgIMG_6311_zpsba0e6d3e.jpg

Beautiful! and I have the same tank for my betta, except its a 4 gallon! Going to get him a 10g when I move..easier to maintain I think.

Oh and I like the set up :)

Edited by blubblubblub

Wow, those fins are gorgeous. Love the name too!

I also have that tank ( Shellbell, its an aqueon evolve ;) Mine is a 4g too and they were clearanced out at Petsmart, still not cheap but better )

I love the back compartment of that tank to put a heater and I got a different filter because the one they put in there was way too strong imho. It blew my bettas all over (my daughter has one too). We got the TOM mini internal 45gph and it has this incredible spray arm that trickles out. The bettas seem to really like it.

Off topic now, really love your betta!

Thanks everyone!! I was so surprised to find such a gorgeous, healthy-looking betta at a Petco, so I just had to have him. :teehee

His tank is the smaller evo, as some people mentioned, I just didn't have the space for another 10g yet. He is in the smallest tank out of my bettas, (I have one in the evo 4g, and 2 in a divided 10g) so I can't wait to upgrade him. :D

On a side note, he will not stop flaring at his reflection in the front glass whenever the light is on, and I have no idea what to do since I don't want to cover the front of the tank. :madrant Anyone have any ideas? Or maybe he'll get used to it?

Thanks everyone!! I was so surprised to find such a gorgeous, healthy-looking betta at a Petco, so I just had to have him. :teehee

His tank is the smaller evo, as some people mentioned, I just didn't have the space for another 10g yet. He is in the smallest tank out of my bettas, (I have one in the evo 4g, and 2 in a divided 10g) so I can't wait to upgrade him. :D

On a side note, he will not stop flaring at his reflection in the front glass whenever the light is on, and I have no idea what to do since I don't want to cover the front of the tank. :madrant Anyone have any ideas? Or maybe he'll get used to it?

Mine does the same thing in any tank I put him in.. real territorial I guess. I just keep him in low light/traffic areas. He's actually fine until he sees me.. then he attacks the glass .. so I think he's ok until he looks outside the glass, and sees his reflection. But when all else is fine he makes cute bubble nests :teehee:heart

Its cute how aggressive yet patient and nurturing they can be.

Edited by blubblubblub