Sign in to follow this  
dnalex

The MagiKarp, Up Close & Even Closer (11 Pics)

What does "oranda shishisomethingorother" mean? :rofl2

That's just the full name for oranda (particular the orange/white metallic one) in Japanese! :rofl

Awesome fish you have there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome fish you have there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, Floyd! :)

OOOOOOOO that face! I could just pinch those cheeks right off! Great lookin' fish!

The white sand is lovely, but only after you use a turkey baster to suck up the poop.

My current filter in the QT is adequate for biological filtration, but is a horrible for mechanical filtration. I will be getting a stronger filter. :rofl

"but only after you use a turkey baster to suck up the poop"

Hope that's a spare baster, or you won't be making the turkey for Thanksgiving. :feedme:rofl2

Of if he [DNAlex edit] uses the main baster, everyone is going to be wondering what that awesome new taste to the turkey is :rockon

OOOOOOOO that face! I could just pinch those cheeks right off! Great lookin' fish!

:rofl thank you!

The white sand is lovely, but only after you use a turkey baster to suck up the poop.

My current filter in the QT is adequate for biological filtration, but is a horrible for mechanical filtration. I will be getting a stronger filter. :rofl

"but only after you use a turkey baster to suck up the poop"

Hope that's a spare baster, or you won't be making the turkey for Thanksgiving. :feedme:rofl2

Mwahahahahahahaha

Of if he [DNAlex edit] uses the main baster, everyone is going to be wondering what that awesome new taste to the turkey is :rockon

:lol2

Wow she's beautiful!!

Thanks, Sara Jo! :)

Yikes, what a wonderful find, Alex! My PetSmart has the higher-end orandas available most of the time, but they typically don't look anything like that! What a great wen, and such potential. Excellent coloring, too. Score!

Yikes, what a wonderful find, Alex! My PetSmart has the higher-end orandas available most of the time, but they typically don't look anything like that! What a great wen, and such potential. Excellent coloring, too. Score!

Thank you, Dee Dee! :D

I am really happy to have gotten the MagiKarp! She/He continues to do very well, and being very selective about food. Pro-Gold seems to be the only acceptable pellet, and I am glad I have it at least. Tomorrow she finishes the last of the 14 days of 0.3% salt, and then I will give her a week without salt before continuing with the 2nd round of prazi. I am in no hurry, since she will be staying there for a while. I will switch out to the 20 gallon soon, I think. :)

I'd love to get an update of the Tacky Tiki Tank when you get a chance! :)

The amazing markings and cute face make even the fussy eating habits seem cute! :hearts

Thank you!

Why am I just seeing this? She is beautiful! What a lucky find ;)

Thank you! :D

I have a newer thread, where MK turns out to be a boy, and has moved to the 55. :)

Is Mk swimming in the 55 in a video? I know you had photo's but I'd love to see a video. :) She/he is soooo adorable. I love the color's, wen, and cute face.

Is Mk swimming in the 55 in a video? I know you had photo's but I'd love to see a video. :) She/he is soooo adorable. I love the color's, wen, and cute face.

Yes, MK is a happy as can be in the Bachelor Tank. I will have to do a video soon of them eating some blood worms or brine shrimp. He is quite active, and does not even stop to rest until the lights are long off. :)

Ohmygosh, what a sweet face!

So...I'm trying to improve my computer drawing skill and so I drew you a picture of your lovely fish. :)

R9tYL7H.jpg?1

So...I'm trying to improve my computer drawing skill and so I drew you a picture of your lovely fish. :)

Oh my gosh, that is so awesome!

Thank you! I love it!!! :D

R9tYL7H.jpg?1

I love IT!!!!!! :o :O :o :O :o

:thumbs:

I love IT!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

:thumbs:

Oh my gosh, that is so awesome!

Thank you! I love it!!! :D

Thank you both! :D I'm glad you liked it. :3 I'm hoping to draw some more of everyone's fish (gotta get better somehow!) :teehee

Thank you both! :D I'm glad you liked it. :3 I'm hoping to draw some more of everyone's fish (gotta get better somehow!) :teehee

Oooh! You can draw mine! :-) If you're serious, PM me and I'll send you some piccies!

I could have sworn I'd posted in here, but I guess not. Really great photos, Alex. MagiKarp was an amazing find. :)

Thank you, Daniel! :)