What am I? Please help id my breed...

mjbubbles

Here is Hercule. When I got him, I thought he was a fantail. He's about 2 and a half. Now he's filled out to 58 grams and is growing a wen. Is he an Oranda? His body is so long and his tail so flow-y, but he's getting cute little grumpy cheeks.

Thanks for your help in identifying his breed.

Headshot and grumpy cheeks:

20130315_200342_zps45dd7def.jpg

Side view:

1377485610_zps1e776854.jpg

Edited by mjbubbles

Thanks everyone! I am liking him more and more as he grows. He's a real pistol and chases the other fish mercilessly. I also suspect him of eating at least 2 of the littles (white cloud minnows). But I do like his ribbon tail.

:wub:

I agree with the above stmts. A long bodied Oranda. Is he/she changing colors? I see some yellow markings. Very pretty fish. I also like your tank. It looks so roomy and fresh. :)

Edited by 4prettyfish

I agree with the above stmts.? A long bodied Oranda.? Is he/she changing colors?? I see some yellow markings.? Very pretty fish.? I also like your tank.? It looks so roomy and fresh.? :)

He could very well be changing color again. When I got him he had some black markings including a black mustache which earned him the name Hercule Poirot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2