Oranda X Ryukin Eggs!

Scarlett

• Supporter

I need to shave something happen with it at least once a day. :rofl

You need to WHAT?

Your autocorrect really hates you. I just want you to know!

:cry :cry my phone really does hate me. :rofl3

I can't tell if I am more excited about the eggs or Mikey shaving! Everyone is just growing up so fast!!!

I need to shave something happen with it at least once a day. :rofl

You need to WHAT?

Your autocorrect really hates you. I just want you to know!

:cry :cry my phone really does hate me. :rofl3

I can't tell if I am more excited about the eggs or Mikey shaving! Everyone is just growing up so fast!!!
I don't shave yet. :pp:rofl3

Today's update. All but two eggs have hatched. I've looked at both eggs, one wiggled at me, so I'm assuming he's still on his way, the other didn't, but I'll still hold out hope.

It looks like a murder scene on the bottom of the little net breeding cage. All these little bodies are scattered on the floor resting.

I've forgotten how small they really are. Makes my only surviving fry from the first spawning look huge. He's going to be gorgeous.

Here he is:

Posted Image

Here are his parents:

Lexi

Posted Image

Adonis

Posted Image

Till tomorrow. :)

Edited by Scarlett

Tragedy!!! One of my fish has been sucking the babies through the net and eating them! I think I've lost about half I think. :( I just took the second net off this morning, because they were mostly all swimming. So angry at myself right now!

Edited by Scarlett

I don't think you have a ryukin/oranda crossbreed. Looks like a red cap and then a red and white with not too much wen yet. :idont They are gorgeous either way though. :)

So, I've come to the conclusion, if you have fry, fatalities are inevitable. *big sigh*

On a brighter note, I placed some fry powder in the tank tonight and they swarmed around it. Not sure if they ate it or were just curious, either way, I think they'll be looking for a meal tomorrow.

Both my females are bloated with eggs again. Silas (Ryukin) is showing some interest. I've placed a spawning mop in the tank, just in case one or both decide to spawn tomorrow. I just performed a 50% water change, so the odds are in my favor.

Edited by Scarlett

Well, it's been a big day today. Ruby and Silas have spawned again and I've collected about 100 eggs. The babies have been moved into my fry tank and in about to set my QT tank up as a future fry tank to keep up with the demand! lol

Phew!!!

I've just had a chat with my local fish shop and if I can get them to 3 months, they'll buy them. Hooray!!! Apparently I'm their only customer who has goldfish that are breeding. :o Now the tricky part... Keeping them alive.

So most of the eggs from the second spawning were infertile. :( I've got about 25 fertile little eyes peering out of the rest though, so it's not a total loss. Hopefully they'll be born the day after tomorrow.

The first batch of fry are loving their new little fry tank. They are busily eating all food that has fallen to the tank bottom.