Oranda X Ryukin Eggs!

Scarlett

So yesterday, I woke up to a flurry of activity in one of my tanks. Ruby, my little Red Cap Oranda was being chased by Silas, my Ryukin. This is the second time they have spawned together. The first time they spawned, the eggs did not develop, so fingers crossed for this time.

Here are the parents to be:

Ruby

Posted Image

Silas

Posted Image

Managed to save about 50 eggs, so I'm hoping for some gorgeous babies! :)

Very cute fish!!! :). Congrats! But I don't think your red cap is a red cap. Looks like a red/white to me :).

Yeah, I tend to agree. She was sold to me as a red cap, but I guess red & white is a far more accurate description. She is still very young and is only just starting to develop her wen. :)

Yeah, I've just started feeding them blood worms daily and they're currently on Hikari Oranda. I do have the Lion Head, but I don't want to feed it to them until I switch to sand. Too easy to lose the food in the gravel. Won't be long now though until the switch.

They're in a little net breeding cage on the edge of the tank, near the air stone to keep them moving. I've been adding a fungicide to the water to help keep that icky fungus away and I'm hoping for a quick incubation. Will let you know how it goes. :)

Didn't think I'd have anything to report so quickly, but.... We have eyes!!! I have little smilie faces looking at me from within the eggs. Can't wipe the smile off my face! So excited!!!!

Didn't think I'd have anything to report so quickly, but.... We have eyes!!! I have little smilie faces looking at me from within the eggs. Can't wipe the smile off my face! So excited!!!!

This is so exciting! Congrats!

Side note on taparalk this post i quoted is dated as 12/31/1969 :o:rofl :rofl :rofl everything else is current. :idont

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Mernany

This is so exciting! Congrats!

Side note on taparalk this post i quoted is dated as 12/31/1969 :o:rofl :rofl :rofl everything else is current. :idont

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1969 - LMAO!!!

Congrats!

So cute! Sorry about all those posts lol. My phone spazzed out. It is unavoidable for me. I need to shave something happen with it at least once a day. :rofl

I need to shave something happen with it at least once a day. :rofl

You need to WHAT?

Your autocorrect really hates you. I just want you to know!

:cry :cry my phone really does hate me. :rofl3