First coat of paint

TwinkleToes

Here's the first coat of white (it's creamy white, not beige like it appears) on my formerly black stand and canopy. This is the first of what I'm sure will be THREE coats. But it goes quickly. I'm also going to paint the bottom edge but that has to be done with a brush. I'm loving the white. It looks so much less imposing in the room as white rather than black. I also like the idea of the white with the orange fish and green plants.

tank1.jpg

UK Becs, it's about 567 liters.

And thank you everyone! Going to go ahead and fill and get it cycling today. I was waiting to make sure I was going to like it white before I put water in. I'm excited! A few more weeks and I can add the goldies!

It looks very pretty with your tile, furnishings and paint!

Wow, I had to get out my calculator. Thats about 140g tank. I'm so envious :)

Are you going to fishless cycle with ammonia? or are you getting some seeded media from someone?

Thank you again! :hi

Cindi, I'll be doing a fishless ammonia cycle. And yes, it's 150 gallons. It's my dream tank that I've wanted my whole life. Actually I wanted something larger but chose to balance care with size. Even this size is a beast to move!

I'm going to go ahead and order plants so you all will see that soon enough.

Moucho, thank you re: my cat. Her name is Bunkaroo. She, ahem, helped me paint. The dog, however, huddled in the kitchen until I was finished. I can only assume he associates painting with prepping a house to sell, lol. That's usually the only time I do it.

It looks great! Question: did u remove the original finish or use primer? I've always avoided re painting things because of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I love it and think it's going to look beautiful. Your tank is going to blend in with everything (wall,floor,furniture) and the water, fish, and plants are going to pop I bet. I am looking forward to seeing it completed with fish.

Oooh really like the tank, even just with the first coat. I'm sure it looks different up close but if there was a face to get that darker grained effect that would be really cool too. I kind of want to paint mine now even though it's plastic ..HMMM :) And cute kitteh. And puppy :)