Pics of ryukin and oranda

Is your bigger fish the Oranda? If so, I don't see a lot of Calico Oranda's and yours is a cutie. You should take a closer photo of them though. They are kind of hard to see.

I personally think its a pearl scale but not really sure I'll try to take a bunch of pics today so you could help me identify them I know one is an oranda and the other is a ryukin or pearlscale?

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I personally think its a pearl scale but not really sure I'll try to take a bunch of pics today so you could help me identify them I know one is an oranda and the other is a ryukin or pearlscale?

A pearlscale has round thick shaped like "pearls" scales. They have round bellies that remind you of a golf ball. Your fish looks young and might not show the roundness of a golfball belly yet. Some pearlscales have headgrowth like an Oranda will. On a Crowned Pearlscale I think it's more of two round like shapes sitting on top of the fish head. ha ha Not sure exactly what the term would be called. An Oranda it's called, Wen.

I don't have any recent pics of my Crowned Pearlscale but here she is anyway. Her belly is so much rounder. Perhaps others will share their Pearlscales.

[/url]">http://DSC02231_zps2b8a857c.jpg

[/url]">http://DSC01981_zpsaa67bd04.jpg This last photo was taken a few/several months back. That white spot on her right side is a pearl/scale that she must have rubbed/lost off some how.

Edited by 4prettyfish

I just got the pearlscale and ryukin from a friend only. Keeping one of the new ones which are the ryukin and pearlscale my current goldfish in 55 gallon tank are 1 oranda and either a pearlscale or a ryukin

Today I woke up to a flapping sound,jumped off my bed ran to check my tanks tropical tank is fine ,goldfish tank was almost empty the fish were panicking and so was I.

15 seconds later I scoop everyone out and put them in my quarantine tank 20 gallons I know not big enough I have 1 aqueon 55/75 and 1 top fin 60

Stocking list

1 calico oranda

1 pearlscale

2 ryukin

For now my baby fish are safe : ) just gotta keep up on water changes for now

Today I woke up to a flapping sound,jumped off my bed ran to check my tanks tropical tank is fine ,goldfish tank was almost empty the fish were panicking and so was I.

15 seconds later I scoop everyone out and put them in my quarantine tank 20 gallons I know not big enough I have 1 aqueon 55/75 and 1 top fin 60

Stocking list

1 calico oranda

1 pearlscale

2 ryukin

For now my baby fish are safe : ) just gotta keep up on water changes for now

I'm confused. What happened?