Sign in to follow this  
Zinedane

Started the Quarantine!

Well, as stated in the Topic title. I finally got an 8 Gallon tank (Extra tank from my Brother) and used it as a QT for the Oranda that needed to be transferred to my 30gallon Tank with my Ryukin as stated yesterday in my other thread because of Water Quality and over stocking issues in the Pond.

I'm Gonna be using this thread for updates and Questions in the long Process of the Quarantine. So any suggestions, and answers to my fairly curious Questions would be much appreciated! :) and btw, i did put a box filter inside the Tank , got filter media from the pond too to also try to get good bacteria. Would still do Big water changes everyday though. :)

Edited by Zinedane

We mainly do an uncycled filter for quarantines as it encourages daily water changes, you will want to stArt with prophylactic treatments of prazipro and dosing salt at 0.3%. You can describe any symptoms or provided pictures as other medications could be needed.

Can you provide the params of your tap and tank?

Do you have a heater?

Thank you for saving him. You sound Like a caring soul, :hug

Well, i just put it in their so it would kinda help the tank's parameters and water quality. Still going to do Big water changes everyday though so don't worry :) atm, i can't cuz i don't have testers with me atm. my LPS doesn't carry them for some reason, but don't worry as soon as i can look for one in the next one i'll post it here. :) and currently nope, usually we don't have heaters in our tanks as Philippines is a tropical country and i find it that the water's temp. stays pretty stable.

and Thanks! :) just couldn't resist it.

Edited by Zinedane

If you're concerned about what the fish may be bringing over from the pond as far as disease, I wouldn't use any filter media from the pond as that may also be contaminated. :idont

Good luck with the QT. :)

I hope your qt goes well with your fish. May it also go by fast with no worries.

Well, first step accomplished. Way to get it done! It's really nice you cared about helping the Oranda and even better, you found a way to make it happen in a hurrry, too, Chances are you helped the Oranda dodge one and maybe several bullets by getting him to safety when you did,

Please update us often, If you can post pics, more is always better! Do you give uour fish names?

If you're concerned about what the fish may be bringing over from the pond as far as disease, I wouldn't use any filter media from the pond as that may also be contaminated. :idont

Good luck with the QT. :)

My Bad! sorry :( anyways i removed the media from the pond and replaced it with a sponge from the 30G.

Thanks!

Hope the QT goes well :D Any pictures of the fish? :whistle

I hope so too and thanks! :) i'll post some later in the evening. still got classes. :)

I hope your qt goes well with your fish. May it also go by fast with no worries.

Thank you! :)

Well, first step accomplished. Way to get it done! It's really nice you cared about helping the Oranda and even better, you found a way to make it happen in a hurrry, too, Chances are you helped the Oranda dodge one and maybe several bullets by getting him to safety when you did,

Please update us often, If you can post pics, more is always better! Do you give uour fish names?

Yup i have high hopes! :) and thank youuu! alright will do update this thread often. :) I have named the Ryukin, Ryu. :teehee go figure XD and haven't really named the Oranda just yet.

Quarantines going well so far! :) The Oranda's being more active than before. Have been adding salt to his/her tank and doing big water changes daily. :)

Edited by Zinedane

That's super! And thanks for the encouraging update.

:thumbup2:

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it