Sign in to follow this  
IvoryValentine01

Babies Schmutz & Slim UPDATE

So, in the beginning there were 3...Pirate, Schmutz & Slim from 3 respective fry batches that all hatched around the same time that I separated from their sibs and put together in their own tank to keep. Sadly, a couple weeks ago, Pirate passed on. He was fine but then started flipping onto his side. I QTed him but he went quick. Happily though, Schmutz and Slim are doing great and getting big. I thought I'd do an update on them as it will likely be the last pics before they are moved from their current tank into the new 175 that's very nearly done cycling.

Schmutz (parented by my orange fantail Edna & my calico Ryukin Pongo) @ 18 weeks old...

Schmutz01_zps12d42b07.jpg

Schmutz02_zps703eb214.jpg

Schmutz03_zps31fc7f1b.jpg

Schmutz04_zps4fb9c8e5.jpg

Schmutz05_zps9e088e72.jpg

Schmutz06_zps1b10037d.jpg

Schmutz07_zpsdcad4291.jpg

Schmutz08_zps6c1f1bba.jpg

Schmutz09_zpsf7bc4da9.jpg

Schmutz10_zps52c34a18.jpg

Slim (parented by my Lemon Oranda Lemon Drop & my peachy Shubunkin Vhagar) @ 17.5 weeks...

Slim01_zpsd7489aeb.jpg

Slim02_zpseee8e887.jpg

Slim03_zpsf5e4a6e9.jpg

Slim04_zpsde364035.jpg

Slim05_zps4cb2de36.jpg

Slim06_zpsb9c65090.jpg

What lovey babies! :heart

You have done great raising them :thumb:

Really nice.

I particularly like the shade of orange on Slim.

Almost a hint of the yellow in there.

Congratulations.

They're both beautiful fish! :thumb:

Nice fish!!

They are beautiful! :heart

Beautiful!!!

I just love the coloring on that first one :) so cute :) are you going to be breeding goldfish in the future? you have raised some really awesome fry :)

I just love the coloring on that first one :) so cute :) are you going to be breeding goldfish in the future? you have raised some really awesome fry :)

it's possible. neither Edna or Lemon Drop has done the egg thing since these batches and I know there are ways to get them to do it but I was kind of trying to give them a break for a while. not to mention there were already a lot of baby fish in the house. We'll see. I'm also a bit curious to see if any of the newer ladies in the house start with the egg laying so, again, always a possibility. if it happens, it happens and if it does I'll probably raise the babies up. For now tho, no ones doing anything and I myself am enjoying the break from taking care of all the lil fins.

Very beautiful.

Oh look at that belly on schmutz! Super pretty fish, both of them. You do such a great job with your babies!