Sign in to follow this  
Saraphim

I couldn't resist!

I went into the local pet store to buy some of my favorite goldfish pellet food (which they didn't have :rolleyes:) and I came out with this little guy! He's a baby Blue Oranda, and I just couldn't resist! I have never seen one that looked this good in a pet store before. His coloring, the fact that I can actually see blue in him, instead of just a bronzy brown color, is what really caught my eye. I really hope he doesn't depigment later on. But, as pet store goldfish don't have the purest of genes, I have a feeling he might, but that's fine too. My Red Cap Oranda, that I bought from the same store, is now all white, and I still love him :). His color seems pretty solid for right now, but, any thoughts? Anyone ever have a Blue Oranda that depigmented to another color?

IMG_20130819_101538_zps98eb4596.jpg

He does have a little bit of wen growth, which is pretty hard to see, and even harder to see in this picture, but it is there!

Here he is again, facing the other way so you can see his other side, although it is pretty blurry. He's in the quarantine tank for the moment, and he gets to stare longingly at the main tank all day. You can see my beautiful Black Oranda, Big Momma, showing off in the background there. ;) As well as the once Red Cap now White Oranda mentioned above, and my Sakura Ranchu. Can even see a little Nerite snail on the side there!

IMG_20130819_163314_zpsdeb01753.jpg

I was so excited, just thought I'd share! Can't wait to get him in the big tank. :heart

Congrats. He is beautiful.

Congrats!! He's very cute :)

Congrats on the new addition :) he/she's adorable :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Ohhh! He's a cutie :heart I have no experience with blues, but your has great finnage and lovely color ;)

I can see why you couldn't go home empty-handed!

Welcome.

He/She is adorable. I can see a little bit of a wen......I think.:) You did find yourself a great little fish in your lps. I too found a Blue Oranda (a bigger one) in a PetSmart very recently and I know what you mean by, can't wait until the fish can go into the main tank. I'm on day 11 of qt.

All your fish sound lovely. I love White Oranda's also.

He's adorable! :wub:

What a cutie!! Congrats and nice find!! :clapping:

Very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cute! Blue Orandas usually go white and sometimes they add some orange in.

This was my Julie:

Julie4-1.jpg

Then:

Julie2-19.jpg

Beautiful! :)

Wow, Julie has the most beautiful white scales now. Gorgeous! And thank you, everyone. :) He's such a spunky little thing. So happy I found him.

What a cutie pie! One of my favorite things about fish is wondering how it'll transform. :)

Aww! Such a cutie :wub:

very cute! :)

Gosh, he's beautiful! :Congrats: