Sign in to follow this  
IvoryValentine01

Scarlet & Roswell (PIC HEAVY - 27 pics)

So, as you all know, I've taken in many busted up/sick fish over the last year. Scarlet, is one them. I've had her in my care since mid-December when she came to me with her tail & fins all shredded. Her previous owners had her in a tank with some kind of evil tetras that nipped and ripped her up. I honestly didn't think she was going to make it...but after a lot of care and several scary setbacks, she did and is all wonderful again, even super friendly now, eats out of my hand and always comes up to see me. I don't think I ever posted pics of her before. Next, there's Roswell, who I also don't think I've ever posted pics of, not real ones at least, prolly some group shots from when he was a tiny guy with his siblings. Roswell is from the same fry batch as The Twin Fats but had a bad run-in with a filter quite a while ago when that 55 gallon leaked out a bunch of water and the current beat the tar outta the poor baby & then he got stuck to the intake before I could snatch him out of the tank. I also did not think he was going to make it. But again, after a lot of care, he did and has since developed tele eyes. After their respective QTs and healing, I moved them in together into a 30 gallon tub, in which they've been living together happily and growing for a couple months now. So here's pics...

in their QT...

QT01_zpsc78ae33d.jpg

QT02_zpsee68672a.jpg

QT03_zps81eb7b1a.jpg

Scarlet...

Scarlette01_zps10e64540.jpg

Scarlette03_zps1a267d2d.jpg

Scarlette06_zps339120e8.jpg

Scarlette07_zps2d721625.jpg

Scarlette11_zpsd34f07d5.jpg

Scarlette12_zps9b7f33f5.jpg

Scarlette13_zpsf0102cd6.jpg

Scarlette16_zps8f1487eb.jpg

Scarlette19_zps3799fa67.jpg

Scarlette23_zpsc1085898.jpg

Scarlette24_zps51437072.jpg

Scarlette26_zps7f3d0a82.jpg

Scarlette28_zps4c615032.jpg

Roswell...

Roswell01_zps85837732.jpg

Roswell02_zps29f04323.jpg

Roswell04_zpsb7061879.jpg

Roswell05_zpsf2a03b92.jpg

Roswell06_zps3faf7599.jpg

Roswell08_zpsb0037206.jpg

Roswell09_zps0fd23cc3.jpg

Roswell13_zps950c844b.jpg

Roswell16_zps1ce2b1f3.jpg

Roswell17_zps6d0371be.jpg

Roswell20_zps53ba0697.jpg

Well they have grown to be very beautiful!!!

I LOVE single tail teles!!!! I hope to be able to find one eventually! (I think they are called Willows??)

You are the fish whisperer! The are so cute! Nice pictures too. What kind of camera do you use? Is it wrong that I want to buy a fancy camera just to take pictures of my fish and dogs? I will reserve my point and shoot for humans!

Well they have grown to be very beautiful!!!

I LOVE single tail teles!!!! I hope to be able to find one eventually! (I think they are called Willows??)

yeah, IDK what they're called. I poked around on the internet and didn't really come up with much. only a couple of that fry batch developed tele eyes & they had double tails. it was surprising when Roswell got them cause of the single tail and it took quite a bit longer. He's a cutie tho and starting to change color now. He was pretty green before & with his tele eyes, he had to be called something alien-ish. Roswell fit him so well.

You are the fish whisperer! The are so cute! Nice pictures too. What kind of camera do you use? Is it wrong that I want to buy a fancy camera just to take pictures of my fish and dogs? I will reserve my point and shoot for humans!

Seriously, these are the two most saved fish I have ever had that have actually pulled thru their many problems and got all awesome again. And really, I have a crap camera that cost like $80 at Walmart. It's Sony Cyber Shot 12.1 megapixels. I've had it for like a year now. the battery door is being held shut with a piece of packing tape cuz the latch broke. It really does take some nice pics tho & does video with sound pretty well too. not very durable tho...lol.

OMG can I please have the single tail?!

:please

Beautiful fish! :)

Beautiful!!!

I'm kind of curious to see if Scarlet eventually turns orange. She's been this dark red color since she's been with me thus my naming her Scarlet and it would be awesome if she stayed this color but something tells me she'll probably lighten up eventually. I have no idea how old she is. At least, well over a year (she's been with me for like 8 months now), I would guess. She's about 3.5" from head to tail end now.

Excellent fish! So good of you to fix them up :nana