Future Switch of Pellet foods: Recommendations?

Mernany

I currently used ProGold but pellet food is a small portion of their diet. I would like to try some new sinking pellets with my gang and wanted to see what people recommend! :)

I currently used ProGold but pellet food is a small portion of their diet. I would like to try some new sinking pellets with my gang and wanted to see what people recommend! :)

In this order: :)

- Hikari Lionhead

- NLS Thera-A 1 mm

- NLS other formulas 1mm

- Pro-Gold

- NLS 2mm

- Omega One

I like Saki-Hikari so far. :)
Only thing that worries me is that Hikari foods have MSG. I'm not sure of the effects on Goldfish in regards to this.

I used Omega One Shrimp Pellets for a while and they seemed to really like that as well.

Edited by Chai

- Hikari Lionhead

- NLS Thera-A 1 mm

- NLS other formulas 1mm

- Pro-Gold

- NLS 2mm

- Omega One

I'll take Hikari for 500 Alex...I'm sure you've heard that one before.

Thank you for the suggestions!

I think the switch will be sooner rather than later as I think Cupid is getting floaty on the ProGold but I'm gonna test foods on him to make sure... :(

Used to feed progold but am happy with a combination of Saki Hikari goldfish food (purple bag) and Omega one small goldfish pellets. Just fyi, they are both way smaller than progold too which like Lisa said is nice to scatter them around the tank so everyone gets some :)

I haven't tried the Hikari lionhead :scared:rofl but I do love the NLS Thera A 1mm sinking pellets. I love that they are so small you can feed lots of them and really spread them out all over the tank so all fish get some! :)

Used to feed progold but am happy with a combination of Saki Hikari goldfish food (purple bag) and Omega one small goldfish pellets. ?Just fyi, they are both way smaller than progold too which like Lisa said is nice to scatter them around the tank so everyone gets some :)

I'm thinking of trying lionhead or purple bag. But for now cupid is on a 3 day fast and then we're gonna figure out what makes him floaty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

- Hikari Lionhead

- NLS Thera-A 1 mm

- NLS other formulas 1mm

- Pro-Gold

- NLS 2mm

- Omega One

I heard about NLS on this forum and have been using it a couple months but the one that is made for Goldfish. I've noticed it gives them a yellow tint where they are supposed to be white, instead or vibrant colors. I probably need new lights though for that.. I just have the day/night LEDs (not sure if thats any good). So Thera-A is better? have you tried all these and found a noticeable difference btw Thera-A and other NLS?

Some of the foods can cause this color bleeding. If that's the case, you will need to change. Avoid foods that are labeled color enhancing.

I have not found any noticeable difference, but this is because they have all been quite happy and healthy.

I use all the varieties btw. :)

I've been using Hikari Lionhead for a couple of months now and am loving it. All my fish are doing great on it. I used to have NLS and Omega One. Both those were nice also and easy to get at the pet store where as the Hikari Lionhead you have to order it online.

Some of the foods can cause this color bleeding. If that's the case, you will need to change. Avoid foods that are labeled color enhancing.

I have not found any noticeable difference, but this is because they have all been quite happy and healthy.

I use all the varieties btw. :)

What is color bleeding?

I've been using Hikari Lionhead for a couple of months now and am loving it. All my fish are doing great on it. I used to have NLS and Omega One. Both those were nice also and easy to get at the pet store where as the Hikari Lionhead you have to order it online.

I do most of my ordering online anyways as I get repashy and such. I need to take some time to see what my lps has though and how much stuff is. I really want to try lionhead though :P we'll see what happens after I figure out what's bothering Cupids tummy though.

Mel, it's not a technical term. I was just trying to find a way to describe how certain foods can cause smudges of orange/reds on white scales. :)

Ah, so kinda like cupid used to have a heart on the tail and now it's smeered lol

My pet store has hikari lionhead!! :D I grabbed a bag and gonna try it out :)

Did I mention I love my lps? It has crazy good products and great advice. Well, except for "you can't have a planted tank with goldfish" that only depends on the goldfish :P

Edited by Mernany

My pet store has hikari lionhead!! :D I grabbed a bag and gonna try it out :)

Did I mention I love my lps? It has crazy good products and great advice. Well, except for "you can't have a planted tank with goldfish" that only depends on the goldfish :P

Lucky! All the ones around mine have many different hikari for different fish.. except saki and lionhead :thumbdown I still keep an eye out

Yeah I was surprised they had it. It didn't look like they had saki but maybe they were just out of stock. This pet store is very fish based though. They sell a large variety of fish and fish products but also have high quality dog/cat foods and products, and other various pets/products. I love it there!