Sign in to follow this  
MexiMike83

Frayed fins that just won't go away.

malachite green and acriflavine, or methalyne blue? I wouldn't have thought malachite green for this though- was this for a dip? How long ago was your last prazi treatment?

1 year ago

Alex, as above for fluke treatment :)

I got the prazi and have some aquarium salt. What is the reason for heating it up, is it to I increase soluablity?

I will start this process tomorrow. Also, I was wondering is there any difference between the prazi sold at Gfconnection and prazi pro other than liquid vs powder? The little bottle of prazi I got, 4 fl oz, cost 18 bucks. Just wondering if the powder would stretch my dollar more.

Also. Can I put both of them in the same holding tank since I think I may as well treat both for flukes? Or is this inaccurate?

And at what salt percentage do I need to move my plants?

Edited by MexiMike83

Pretty sure the fine salts like mortons will dissolve in tank temperature water, but essentially the heat just helps it dissolve faster.

In regards to the prazi types, only one brand is available in Australia, so I can't answer that question unless you have the ingredients of the GF connection one.

You can dip with the same solution, and put them both in the same QT tank for recovery.

Plants should be fine a 0.1% in the main tank, but you can remove them if they start to wilt

Edited by Narny105

How many teaspoons of salt per gallon for the 0.1% salt?

Edit never mind I found it in Alex's link.

Edited by MexiMike83

How many rounds of prazi should I do?

Also, neither one of them made it 30 seconds in the dip. Should I do another one today? And since I'm doing the prazi should I do the salt dips like you said for 3 days?

Edited by MexiMike83

Have you started prazi?

I would prefer that you do the salt series first. :)

Well, nuts. Yes, I started the prazi. Sorry, there was some confusion on my end as to what to do. I should have asked first. I can put carbon in the filter if you like?

Edited by MexiMike83

It's fine. :)

Let's finish the round of Prazi, and then we'll do the dips.

I think your fish look pretty good to me regarding their tails. I think I need to go check mine out tomorrow and compare. Your making me wonder about mine now. Your fish are so gorgeous. I hope the treatment helps with your fish fins.