repashy soilent green wont set?

kevb123

been using repashy soilent green for ages bought from amazon which is unavailable at the mo so bought some from tastyworms and mixed it up an it wouldnt set? mixed up some more,same problem??

I prepared mine then lightly spray a cookie sheet...then spread it out. Then pop it in the freezer til solid. Then cut into squares & place most in a freezer bag in the freezer...and about a weeks worth in a little tupperware container in the frig.

i used 1 quarter powder to 3 quarters water as i always do. mine always sets in half hour tops. this is still liquid 8 hours later.

just binned it!!!! definitely something wrong with the powder.

• Supporter

I had that same issue with my last batch but it was the last serving in the bag and I thought it was me. It sort of set but won't hold together when it hits the water. I froze it in a huge brick and use a hammer to break off chunks. Strange.

If you're not heating it enough it won't set. If you've got the right ratio of water to powder, and it's heated enough, it should set. Definitely strange it won't. Give it another go.

If you still have an issue and you believe the goods are faulty, contact Chris from tastyworms nutrition

Edited by Narny105

That happened to me, but gelatin does take a really long time to solidify, how long has it been sittin?

Firstly, Repashy is not gelatin based. Secondly, if it's taking that long solidify, it's time to reconsider your binders and the amount you use.