My Lonely Tank

terris

Thanks for all of the help so far getting my 2 babies' home ready for them. Here it is!!! You will see the heater which is only there to warm the water to help with the cycling stage. Then it comes out. The spastic bubble wand will be normalized once the regulator arrives (no one has then at LPS). I bought the fish tonight from the DO auction. I finally found the ones I loved!!!

The tank's nitrates and nitrates went off the chart yesterday so I did the 50% water change. As soon as it is cycled, I can schedule my fish babies to come home. (Is it allowed to show pics I did not take of them so you can see? I will give the photos credit of course.)

1_zps60b12110.jpg

Wowzers, they're some gorgeous fish. Your tank looks great too. Good luck with the cycling. :)

cupie4_zpsd163c2a2.jpg

"Look at my jazz hands fins". :rofl

Thanks Dan in Aus! I was hoping to get some opinions. I am not crazy about huge wens though that is most desirable I think. I love the Red and White's face and markings. I hope it's a girl because we want to call her Cupie as in the doll.

Beautiful tank and fish! They are gonna be stunning in there! Congrats!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

"Come here, I wanna hug ya'!!"

cupie4_zpsd163c2a2.jpg

Your new fish are GREAT!!! Can't WAIT to see them in their new home!!

Edited by Jeana727

Nice tank! How big is it and how long have you been cycling? I know it varies so I was wondering out of curiosity, especially with plants..

The tank is a 40 long. I have been cycling 9 days now. I seeded the filter with sponges from my betta tanks. I also used some plants from the bettas, too. Today, the ammonia level is dropping as fast as I can feed it but the Nitrites and Nitrates are off the chart even with the water change (50%) yesterday. I am waiting for the magic zeros to arrive and THEN! I can ask for my fish to be shipped. Also, I have the heater turned up to 86 and have a glass lid on top. I think that sped up the cycling process a lot.

Wowzers! Beautiful fish :Congrats: Lovely tank too. ;)

Thank you! It was so hard to do everything right like the wonderful folks on this forum said to do. Patience is not my first virtue. I have been wanting an Oranda tank for three years but never had the space or funds to do it right. Then after I got the tank, etc. waiting, waiting, waiting to find the perfect two fish. Unbearable! I would go in the pet shops and walk out. I looked on auctions for months. It just happened that my two were posted right before the cycling was complete. I am so glad I waited. I do not have room for a lot of fish tanks so I had to wait for the fish I truly loved.

Everything looks great! Keep us updated with tons of pics :D

Are you kidding? Now that I figured out how to post pics, I will bombard you with pics!!! Now if only I could figure out how to edit typos... :teehee

Beautiful tank and fish! They are gonna be stunning in there! Congrats!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks so much! The more I look at red & White, the more I want to call her(?) Mittens. What do you think? Any better names?

Wowzers! Beautiful fish :Congrats: Lovely tank too. ;)

Thanks, U.K. Becs!!! I appreciate your comment.

And Mittens is a very cute name. :wub:

Yeah! It does seem to suit her. Ken said she was very friendly. The Calico I don't know but it's hard to find a calico without a huge wen or something weird about the face. His face is cute and I will love looking at it everyday.