Peeling Head

• Supporter

Woot woot! Pine coning gone yesterday! And apparently Metro Meds are delicious so no problems with getting them to eat! The white patch is still there but it looks "thinner" like it is healing. The buddy is back to normal. To be on the safe side and to avoid any ammonia issues, I am doing 100% water changes every other day and 25% alternately. Ugh, I am using buckets since I do not want to contaminate my python for my other tanks but we are lookig goo so far!

• Supporter

Thanks Alex! I know I'm in good hands with your help! When I started the thread I was thinking, WWAD (what would Alex do?) :teehee I think I am going to have those made on rubber wrist bands for everyone! We could have different colors for different mods! Then, in my mind, I seed you conferring with Boss Lisa about all your patients!!! :rofl

Thanks Alex! I know I'm in good hands with your help! When I started the thread I was thinking, WWAD (what would Alex do?) :teehee I think I am going to have those made on rubber wrist bands for everyone! We could have different colors for different mods! Then, in my mind, I seed you conferring with Boss Lisa about all your patients!!! :rofl

:rofl

The mods all confer with each other, and with the whole team. :P

I think I said this to Alex just last week. :rofl

Glad things are improving for your fish! :nana

• Supporter

Just a little update, no pine coning any more and there is no visible pink or red. His little head is covered in a thin white film but it it not getting fuzzy and it seems some of the black scales are growing back. We are doing well on the Metro Meds and his tank buddy has stopped bottom sitting! He still seems totally unaffected by all this and behaves normally, so fins crossed! I think he is going to be fine with clean water and the meds. Do I do the metro meds for 14 days? Just for the record, we are on day four. They seem to really think they are tasty.

I'm glad all is going well! I think 14 days should be sufficient. Would you mind posting some new update pics, in the same manner as the pics from before? Thank you! :)

• Supporter

Another update. I keep taking photos during water changes but keep forgetting my camera at home when I get to work. Second week of Metro Meds. Still behaving totally normal. No pine coning! That white stuff is still there but no red/ raw flesh is visible. It is not spreading and I can see new black spots (scales) growing back. Is the white stuff healing? I have never had a black fish before so I am not sure. On a strange note, his buddy (Kingsly) has been eating the Metro Meds too since he was bottom sitting for a day or two. He seems fine now but I figured I would continue with the treatment, but he has had a huge growth spurt in the last week. I have not weighed him but he looks like he has almost doubled in size? Poor Klaus is still the same size. Weird...

May we have pics of the two of them when you get a chance?

I first want to share in the happiness of them both doing well, but also want to make sure that Kingsly is OK. :)

• Supporter

May we have pics of the two of them when you get a chance?

I first want to share in the happiness of them both doing well, but also want to make sure that Kingsly is OK. :)

I will give it a shot when I get home. I need a better camera or some better light in my little apartment!

• Supporter

Updated photos (finally):

Size comparison: last week they were the same weight and about the same size:

9d33325ac534bfbc03656d1408561511_zps3429

Kingsly looking healthy and Klaus with (hopefully healing) head issue

a4b12f530b77b56b9b9275682cb1b1c2_zpsc2a597f954eee07d32625ac0f71c5258701d_zpsa0f2

Edited by mermaidkitten

• Supporter

I will post pictures tomorrow but I have reached the two week mark for metro meds. He looks good, no more pine conning but the white stuff is still there. His tank mate looks great and neither of them have any unusual behavior. The white stuff is slowly disappearing. Should I do another week of metro meds or switch to jump start. I'm still doing 100% water changes every day and I am happy with the progression. He had a little growth spurt too and is catching up to his buddy.

• Supporter

All my cell phone pics are coming out cruddy but just an update, we're coming along. I stopped the metro meds after 18 days and we are healing nicely but a bit slowly. Hoping for a full recovery! Pics soon I promise. I have to stop forgetting my camera at work.