what is your tank's temperature?

MexiMike83

I've got a bunch of plants that haven't died yet and they've been between 16C/61F and 26C/79F so far :P. Although I am worried that the tank could possibly get up to 30C/86F plus in a heatwave here so I'm buying a fan :/.

Room.

Exactly. Newt's tank gets very cold in the winter as we don't have central heat and live in Norway. It warms (never hot) in the summer. I have never had any luck overwintering anything but anubias. Basically, the tank goes a bit dormant in the winter and even Newton slows down.

This winter, I'm thinking of starting a sep. plant tank with more light and heat in the winter. I don't want to change anything in Newton's schedule because he does very well with it.

Required temp is going to depend on what type of plants you are trying to keep. Some are more sensitive to low temps/temp swings than others, but these are the type of plants that are generally needy and difficult to keep overall. I think most common easy plants that we usually keep aren't too temp sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep mine at around 72 in the winter. In the summer I just allow it to rise naturally with the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do this, too. It's usually about 78 in the summer.

I keep mine about 74 all year long to help with their metabolism/digestion and floaty prone problems. As a side benefit, it feels pretty nice also when I'm cleaning it.

I keep mine about 74 all year long to help with their metabolism/digestion and floaty prone problems. As a side benefit, it feels pretty nice also when I'm cleaning it.

Mine, not so much. It's cold when you have to reach down to the bottom and scrub! :rofl

I don't mess with it during the summer.. It's at 72F right now, though. 85F and a little higher was the hottest it's been at this summer.

During the winter I keep it at 68F min. :)

Edited by Chai